No announcement yet.

How Often Do You Train On The Heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Do You Train On The Heavybag

Im just starting out and have a heavy bag and speed bag at my house. how often should i use each??

Originally posted by allORnothing1 View Post
    Im just starting out and have a heavy bag and speed bag at my house. how often should i use each??
    http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym24.htm

Comment

train until you cannot feel your arms, then switch to the speed bag until you forget about your arms. wait 3 days and then remember you have arms.

Honestly i dont think you can "overtrain" on speed or heavybags, then again i could be wrong.

Comment

I used to go more then 12 rounds on it. It was my favorite.

Comment

i train hvybag 5 times a week
          for 5-12 rounds depending howthe hands n wrists hold up
          thats wut its all about, go as long as u can til u hurt a hand or wrist, dont want no injurys

Comment

I work out 6 days a week and hit the bag 3 days out of those. Usually for 8-12 rounds.

Comment

once a week, 20/40 rounds, depending on how im feeling and a one 1 minute break

Comment

2 or 3 times a week, 4 to 8 rounds. When I do weights as well I find that working the heavy bag
                every day I go to boxing doesnt give me time to recover. So I will have a day at the boxing gym without any heavy bag .

Heavy bag is a great way to build up and measure boxing fitness, if whatever reason you canīt or donīt wanna run I think you can get fighting fit quick with just heavy bag (remembering to do a lot of movement and footwork at the same time, not just standing still)

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
                  (remembering to do a lot of movement and footwork at the same time, not just standing still)
                  I see too many people just stand in front of the bag and throw. These are usually the same people who get circles run around them in the ring.

Anyhow, I train 2 or 3 times a week on the heavybag for at least 5 rounds. It's usually 5 times a week but I cant re-hang my heavybag at home for the time being.

Comment

4 times a week

Comment

Working...
                    X