No announcement yet.

Where was you first amature fight at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was you first amature fight at?

what was the place like, small big, full, crowded, quite, a gym, arena?

post your first fight expiricences

Lewiston armory, Lewiston, Maine, summer of 1997. Crowd of about 800 or so, I was training with Gamache boxing at the time, so the crowd was kind to me. I fought a kid who had more experience than me, and was older...when we were weighing in, I saw that he had some tattoos...I got intimidated by that. I was 16 years old, 5'7" & weighed 135 lbs, he was around the same size. Joey Gamache wrapped my hands for this fight &spent quite a while talking with me beforehand, which really helped with my confidence. I dropped him with a straight right in the first round, he was up by like 6 or 7 I think, after that, he got a standing 8 near the end of the round. I pummeled him the next two rounds &he bled all over the place, I got the decision win. I thew the straighter, quicker shots, and relied on my left jab heavily, when he started getting hit over &over, I think he got really frustrated, and thats when he stopped throwing a lot &began being way to defensive. Was a great experience for me. Each fight I had after, I used some of same tactics...combinations, straight punches, lots of left jabs.

Have you had any fights mr tricky?
    Last edited by slickPUG; 02-24-2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Really crowded, but a great crowd. Very small ring though.

Comment

600 strong rooting for me to get knocked out

Comment

Working...
        X