A smarter Khan... Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody is unbeatable.

Comment

So I guess next time I could just title the thread my whole point so that you all have a chance of actually knowing what its about before commenting...

I said, take out the one-punch KO thing, then would a Khan with better defense, and that fought at a more calculated pace be unbeatable

OBVIOUSLY: No fighter is really UNBEATABLE...
      OBVIOUSLY: The question is HYPOTHETICAL

U guys read the thread title and say, "A smart Khan? Impossible!" or "No fighter is unbeatable... Grrr..." Slap urselves
      Last edited by JDezi4; 12-08-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Lol, nah mate. . . Khan was beating Garcia's ass, and was way too ****y. . He overcommitted himself by trying to lead with uppercuts, and launch 8-10 punch combinations. It's clear that all Khan had to do with stick with 1-2's, and occasional 1-2-hook/1-2-hook-2's and it'd have been 12 rounds of easy work.

He actually tries to entertain the fans, though. . . That's why I don't understand the hate he gets. . .

Anyway, Garcia caught Khan, and Khan never regained his legs. . Although he was actually much more lucid, and on the way to recovery when the referee stopped it. Ref should have stopped it after the first KD when Khan was basically out on his feet. . . BUT LOL, Khan was STILL able to fight back, despite being half-way unconscious. . That's how terrible Garcia is - all he could do was wail away on Khan with his guard up. . COuldn't even score a PROPER KO on an unconscious man!

Khan will never get the chance to avenge the loss, because Garcia won't rematch him. He knows he caught his lightening in a bottle. . . ANd with the help of the ref, sealed the lid on it. . . Despite Khan being able to bring him two times what he could make short of fightign pac/floyd. Hahaha, I'd bet anything he won't even fight another top 140 pounder like matthysse. He'll fight Khan's leftovers, and other older guys that still have a name like Morales/Judah.
        lol, you trollin.

he seems to "get lucky" with that punch quite often

my theory?
        he's got a terrific left hook and he landed it in a professional boxing match. khan couldnt take it. couldn't get away from it. avoiding those punches should be khan's chief concern.

lesser fighter. you can't get a more appropriate comparison in boxing. they fought in their primes, and khan got knocked out. khan's got better wins, but garcia beat khan. there's no such thing as a lucky punch, especially when you land it over and over again.

either that, or khan is past his prime.

Comment

The closest anyone can get to being unbeatable is if you are either Pac, or Floyd cos Floyd dont fight, or Bradley if you get gift decisions like he did against Pac.

But Khan can get harder to beat for sure. But the Garcia punch that landed on Khan in the 10th round rather than the third. So even if khan avoids that punch for another 6 rounds khan is still questionable.

What is interesting is how khan handles being hurt in future? Does he hold or try punch his way out of trouble.?

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
            Just watch the Kotelnik fight and you will see Khans best defensive performance since he turned pro. He is too arrogant to change his style in the long term. He might do well in his next fight but he will revert back to being a showman and he will get knocked out again.

Danny Garcia is a horrible boxer and Khan should have made him look like a club fighter instead he played right into Garcia's game plan and got what he deserved.

He has the natural ability to win against any fighter but the same can't be said of his brain.
            Yea he was very discipline for the Kotelnik fight, But getting best by Garcia is the final straw that makes me feel he doesn't have what it takes to get up to the next level, Because Garcia IS a horrible boxer but he has a decent IQ and patience for someone who hasn't fought at a high level, So when he got lure in by Garcia and got himself KO am like he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
              So I guess next time I could just title the thread my whole point so that you all have a chance of actually knowing what its about before commenting...

I said, take out the one-punch KO thing, then would a Khan with better defense, and that fought at a more calculated pace be unbeatable

OBVIOUSLY: No fighter is really UNBEATABLE...
              OBVIOUSLY: The question is HYPOTHETICAL

U guys read the thread title and say, "A smart Khan? Impossible!" or "No fighter is unbeatable... Grrr..." Slap urselves
              It's one of the most stupidest threads I've ever read. Your saying take out the chance of a big punch landing, what's the opponent meant to do for your hypothetical crap just stand there and throw a weak ass jab for 12 rounds? Obviously he'd win then......

Comment

I actually had a vivid dream about Khan vs Molina, it felt very real. Molina knocked Khan out in the first round. All I saw was Khan wobbling after every punch Molina threw. He was stumbling all over the ring, trying to get away. Every punch was hurting him, until the ref finally stopped it.

I don't think that's going to happen though. It shouldn't happen.

Comment

No, Khan will always be VERY beatable, dude has a chin of glass.

A fist to Khan's chin, is like a glass to concrete. It stands no chance!

Comment

Khan needs to move up in weight

140 is far too light for his frame ... at welter or super welter his chin will hold up better

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
                      It's one of the most stupidest threads I've ever read. Your saying take out the chance of a big punch landing, what's the opponent meant to do for your hypothetical crap just stand there and throw a weak ass jab for 12 rounds? Obviously he'd win then......
                      Lol, no YOU are too stupid to understand the thread...

Its not that the thread makes no sense... Just becuz ur limited brain can't function the idea that there's more to boxing than landing one "lucky" shot doesn't mean, doesn't mean the thread is stupid

I guess becuz of posters like u, I literally have to spell out everything so u truly understand...

Basically, hypothetically eliminate the ONE BIG PUNCH landing, then YOU, the reader, now has to look at all the other attributes to boxing...

Pretend Matthysse didn't have 1 punch KO power, knowing how he fights, knowing what type of strategy HE IS CAPABLE of bringing into the ring, could he still beat Khan? Or would Khan's superior speed and mobility outpoint him easily?

Guerrero, who doesn't really have 1 punch KO power, but does have boxing skill and can fight inside and out, could he take a SMARTER, MORE METHODICAL PACED Khan out of his game plan, or would he be stuck eating 1,2's all night?

U were suppose to use ur boxing knowledge to do more than just cry about who's dick was bigger between Floyd and Manny. I know that's asking a lot, but next time, just avoid my threads if ur gonna cry about having to use ur brains, they're not meant for people like u...

There'd be no point in me explaining that in the first post anyway, cause half of everyone here didn't even read it
                      Last edited by JDezi4; 12-08-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X