What the heck is an Internet Boxing Coach Part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is an Internet Boxing Coach Part 1

People involved with boxing is so awesome

Last edited by BarryRobinson; 11-30-2012, 04:17 AM. Reason: im stupid and made a mistake

Im a professional street fighter and really good so a lot of times I give people free street fighting advice on the internet. I should probably be charging for it now that I think of it because its good advice. Probably go to some world of war craft forum and find some beta nerds and get them to pay me to teach them how to fight in the streets and be alpha like me.

Comment

With all respect, "buy my products because I am such a good coach" - it does not work so simple. here is why: http://www.slideshare.net/coolstuff/the-brand-gap

For instance, people buy iphone not because Mr. Jobs was such a genious, yes, but not only. They buy it because of... themselves

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson
        instead of "building" when we were on Skype you act reserved and not read to do great things...
        I am ready for collab, just did not get the proposal yet

Comment

lol, sorry for being nosy but this doesnt seem like a relationship thats going to blossom!

He wants your cash Barry!

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
            lol, sorry for being nosy but this doesnt seem like a relationship thats going to blossom!

He wants your cash Barry!
            I have enough cash.

I am simply applying healthy criticism

I have a collection of 300+ boxing books (pdf). Why this note Barry showed is better?
            Last edited by NVSemin; 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Im a professional street fighter and really good so a lot of times I give people free street fighting advice on the internet. I should probably be charging for it now that I think of it because its good advice. Probably go to some world of war craft forum and find some beta nerds and get them to pay me to teach them how to fight in the streets and be alpha like me.
              You're a professional street fighter? Do you know Zangief? He's a buddy of mine from college.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
                I have enough cash.

I am simply applying healthy criticism

I have a collection of 300+ boxing books (pdf). Why this note Barry showed is better?
                With all due respect to the OP, I think that most "boxing coaches" I have encountered take the business approach to it. In other words, making money or a living from training itself.

Then there are boxing trainers who want to create and make champions. I want to train my first world champ and if we work hard enough, we might achieve that this or next year at the gym.

I have trained or trained with many champs, but they weren't made by my hand. I am trying to achieve that, or I should say WE are trying to achieve that.

I think there are 4 things that make a trainer a great trainer, and just knowing the basics is only one of those things.

Comment

I appreciate the stuff you put up, but if you are going to sell to the broader market (not just hardcore boxing fans) you need to give them something that is simple and organized. With a defined starting and ending point.

The more complex your system gets, with millions of variations and drills, the less likely people are to buy it.

In my humble opinion of course.

Comment

No problem.

I was looking at a Sanshou DVD by Cung Le the other day and all he showed were a few fundamental punch and kick combinations, 2 or 3 takedowns and about the same number of leg sweeps.

But based on that alone a viewer could go to the gym the next day and get to work. They would have enough information to keep them busy practicing for months and they would be able to put together a bare bones system that would serve them well in all ranges of fighting.

Subtleties, nuances, and variations can then be added on to that framework later if needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X