No announcement yet.

Nostalgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia

I have followed this forum from 2003. 80% of whatever i know about boxing has come from this website. I find it saddening that my favourite posters back then aint so active anymore. Dempsey 1919, Yogi, Suzie Q, cple, Sabbath, Rockymarcianofan_00, Da Iceman, Yaman, Kid Achilles, London Ring Rules, Brassangel, tommy_hearns just to name a few.
    Now i want to pay a special tribute to the guys who made me so knowledgeable about boxing. All the visitors of the boxing history forums, contribute to this thread and tell us who are/were the most knowledgeable posters ever?

Of All time

As you can see from my join date, I'm going purely on looking back at past threads:
    Yogi
    Kid Achilles
    BennyST(Don't know if he has stopped posting or not?)

Suzie Q posts on ESB now I think.

To be honest this is a pretty solid boxingscene era at the moment, numerous good posters hard to narrow it down to 5ish.

Comment

But you cannot compare the posters of 2011 with the posters of 2004. Hell, i'll be glad to have any one of them's email iD so that i can thank them for teaching me a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
        But you cannot compare the posters of 2011 with the posters of 2004. Hell, i'll be glad to have any one of them's email iD so that i can thank them for teaching me a thing or two.

J/k.

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
          I have followed this forum from 2003. 80% of whatever i know about boxing has come from this website. I find it saddening that my favourite posters back then aint so active anymore. Dempsey 1919, Yogi, Suzie Q, cple, Sabbath, Rockymarcianofan_00, Da Iceman, Yaman, Kid Achilles, London Ring Rules, Brassangel, tommy_hearns just to name a few.
          Now i want to pay a special tribute to the guys who made me so knowledgeable about boxing. All the visitors of the boxing history forums, contribute to this thread and tell us who are/were the most knowledgeable posters ever?
          All fine posters. Here are some more. My apologies if I've missed anyone as I've just gone from my friends list. BennySt, Rooster, Silva, Scott9945, Joseph5620, BattlingNelson, BigStereoType, Anthony352, Bright-eyes, crold,Darkterror, Ezzardfan, GJC, greatest1942, JM, Kid McCoy, Mickey Malone, NChristo, Obamam Poet, Reedickylus, Sjhadyfizzle, Tengoshi, Smokin'J, Southpaw16, T-97, Tbear, TerryA, The ironman, ThegreatA, Them Apples, Warp.

I've seen a lot of posters come and go. Some have been banned, some have changed their names.Many were annoyed by the trolls, and some may have left because of the way the board is moderated. All and all though there really hasn't been a significant drop off in board traffic. It has its highs and lows depending in what there is to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            All fine posters. Here are some more. My apologies if I've missed anyone as I've just gone from my friends list. BennySt, Rooster, Silva, Scott9945, Joseph5620, BattlingNelson, BigStereoType, Anthony352, Bright-eyes, crold,Darkterror, Ezzardfan, GJC, greatest1942, JM, Kid McCoy, Mickey Malone, NChristo, Obamam Poet, Reedickylus, Sjhadyfizzle, Tengoshi, Smokin'J, Southpaw16, T-97, Tbear, TerryA, The ironman, ThegreatA, Them Apples, Warp.

I've seen a lot of posters come and go. Some have been banned, some have changed their names.Many were annoyed by the trolls, and some may have left because of the way the board is moderated. All and all though there really hasn't been a significant drop off in board traffic. It has its highs and lows depending in what there is to discuss.
            Kid McCoy and Greatest1942 just disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Kid McCoy and Greatest1942 just disappeared.
              Kid McCoy pops in every now and again to take Sonnyboy to task on some aspect of boxing history. Now that Sonny is gone though Kid may have lost his favorite kickball!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Kid McCoy pops in every now and again to take Sonnyboy to task on some aspect of boxing history. Now that Sonny is gone though Kid may have lost his favorite kickball!
                Haha, I noticed you firing intelligence Sonny's way over at ESB and he still didn't understand the concept of Langford > Pep in resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Haha, I noticed you firing intelligence Sonny's way over at ESB and he still didn't understand the concept of Langford > Pep in resume.
                  What can you do? You know the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, right? That is Sonny in a nutshell.

Greatest1942 hasn't even logged on in almost a year and a half. Makes me worry something may have happened to him. I've lost 4 or 5 e-friends over the years who I considered not only knowledgeable of the sport, but gentlemen as well. Shame.

Comment

I was worried the same, also Great John L he stopped posting aburptly.

Comment

Working...
                    X