No announcement yet.

Arums take on why the Cotto-Berto fight never materialized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    you guys know this would have been a PPV quit with the BS. Arum asked for a number team Berto were looking for and then he ended the call?

you know Arum wanted Cotto available for Manny Pacquiao
    You are telling me you would have paid for a Cotto PPV in his very next after he got pummeled by Manny. I'm a HUGE Cotto fan and even I wouldn't have paid for the fight, unless the opponent was Margarito. If you want to say Cotto ducked Berto for the money, thats fine. But he's about to take on a MW coming down to 154, for about 4 or 5 times the amount he would have gotten against Berto. So he ducked Berto for a lot more money.... A Floyd fan is the last person who should have a problem with that.

Comment

With as much of a diva Paul Williams has turned into lately (being so quiet about the Martinez rematch and demanding over 50-50) I would think he'd be willing to take peanuts to fight Cotto compared to what Berto is demanding just to prove that he can win.

Comment

Berto wants a bigger pay-day then Cotto if they fight. Thats total duckage.

Comment

Originally posted by Viciousz View Post
          Think about it 3mil. Minus 1.8 for Berto. And that leaves 1.2 for Cotto. Cotto has sold out Madison Square fuckin' Garden fighting Zab Judah and packed the place in a couple of other ocasions. berto could get about 2,000 at most. He is not as exciting as Cotto or in the elite level Cotto is at. If they were to get 3mil I say give Cottos' side 2mil and Bero 1mil. That sounds more then fair to me.
          but if hbo pay and there is money from gate doesnt cotto get more money from the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            You are telling me you would have paid for a Cotto PPV in his very next after he got pummeled by Manny. I'm a HUGE Cotto fan and even I wouldn't have paid for the fight, unless the opponent was Margarito. If you want to say Cotto ducked Berto for the money, thats fine. But he's about to take on a MW coming down to 154, for about 4 or 5 times the amount he would have gotten against Berto. So he ducked Berto for a lot more money.... A Floyd fan is the last person who should have a problem with that.
            if it has the same or better then Mosley vs Mora undercard then hell yes I would buy it

Comment

I'm not jumping to conclusions. They didn't spend any time to even try to make this fight. It was shot down the same day it was proposed basically. HBO would want this fight and I'm sure they would at least try to make make it by working with both sides. They never had an opportunity to even explore the option. I find it hard to believe that Berto would take even money with Mosley but expect a lions share against Cotto who is a bigger draw.

Comment

Berto and DiBella are ridiculous asking for $1.8M split from a possible $3M lic. fee against Cotto. Just asking for a 60-40 split against Cotto is a slap in the face.

Berto should be begging for a 70-30 or 60-40 split in Cotto's favor. Cotto's minimum is over $2M, closer to 2.5 than 3. To make the fight, there'd need to be a snap back into reality by Berto and his team. Since Berto's been overpaid, 3.5 and a 60-40 split in Cotto's favor, when the kid loses he'll get his fee dropped a few pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Berto and DiBella are ridiculous asking for $1.8M split from a possible $3M lic. fee against Cotto. Just asking for a 60-40 split against Cotto is a slap in the face.

Berto should be begging for a 70-30 or 60-40 split in Cotto's favor. Cotto's minimum is over $2M, closer to 2.5 than 3. To make the fight, there'd need to be a snap back into reality by Berto and his team. Since Berto's been overpaid, 3.5 and a 60-40 split in Cotto's favor, when the kid loses he'll get his fee dropped a few pegs.
                  you guys forget about gate money?

Comment

Working...
                  X