No announcement yet.

Dwyer: Tony Thompson will beat David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwyer: Tony Thompson will beat David Price

Just another tipster picking the guy he wants to win. I don't know why some people hang on to Dwyer's every word as if he's some predicting god. It's worth noting that when he's been wrong he's backtracked as if he was just misunderstood.

That's not to say Thompson can't win, just that on the balance of probabilities, he probably won't.

Comment

I will put a cheeky fiver on Thompson if only because he Price is untested and there has been question marks about his punch resistance from the Amateurs.

Comment

Count stand this clown with his over-analyzing of fights (that he usually gets wrong) and his annoying monotonic voice.

Dwyer once scored the PWill-Lara fight in favor of Williams - true story.

Earl, why do listen to this buffoon?

Comment

At the end of the day, this guy picks winners based on race. He's a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
            He always makes some good points then goes onto give some crazy ass prediction and tries covering himself with straddling.

The guys a clown and always picks the black American boxer. Not trying to make it a race issue but its so true.

He even picked Thompson over Wlad, twice lol
            He does though... I think Pirog was the only fight he didn't.
            His method of betting is pretty much go with the underdog and reap the value... because if you bet on the underdog.... one of them is bound to win.
            Seriously though, this guy charges for betting advice and has his own book out

Comment

Whether Thompson will win or not isn't really the question if we are talking about gambling on the fight itself.

I don't see what is so hard for most idiots around here to understand about odds.

Price is over a 10-1 favorite at most British sites. They obviously take into consideration that Brits will never bet against a Brit but still those odds are stupid.

I would much rather lay $100 on Thompson to win $700 or $800 then lay $1000 on Price to win $100 based off him beating some of the most washed up trash cans to ever disgrace the squared circle.

Now would I go out on a limb and say definitively that Thompson would win? No

But if I was handicapping the fight, and charged for my advice, I would be telling people Thompson was the wiser bet based on the odds being skewed way too far towards Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Whether Thompson will win or not isn't really the question if we are talking about gambling on the fight itself.

I don't see what is so hard for most idiots around here to understand about odds.

Price is over a 10-1 favorite at most British sites. They obviously take into consideration that Brits will never bet against a Brit but still those odds are stupid.

I would much rather lay $100 on Thompson to win $700 or $800 then lay $1000 on Price to win $100 based off him beating some of the most washed up trash cans to ever disgrace the squared circle.

Now would I go out on a limb and say definitively that Thompson would win? No

But if I was handicapping the fight, and charged for my advice, I would be telling people Thompson was the wiser bet based on the odds being skewed way too far towards Price.
                If I was handicapping the fight I would look at the o/u and see if there's value at all.
                If I thought Thompson had a good fight at winning then I would look into it, but frankly I don't.
                That's a no play for me, and from what I've seen from Thompson lately and what I've heard, dude is unmotivated as hell... which factors even more against him

Comment

Taking it he does this just for hits/reactions

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Count stand this clown with his over-analyzing of fights (that he usually gets wrong) and his annoying monotonic voice.

Dwyer once scored the PWill-Lara fight in favor of Williams - true story.

Earl, why do listen to this buffoon?
                    Yes, but only because he predicted before the fight that Paul Williams would win. Dwyer does that all the time: he did the same thing with Pac vs Bradley: before the fight he picked Bradley (what a surprise), and after the fight he said Bradley really won and "we shouldn't be blinded by the HBO commentary and just look at how the professional judges scored the fight".
                    Dude is a troll, a clown and always goes with the black guys. Plain and simple.
                    Salido vs Mikey Garcia he predicted Salido to win, after the totally one sided fight he said the rematch might look different (to defend his prediction).

Comment

Working...
                    X