Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best brown Mexican posters of Boxingscene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best "Brown Mexican" poster is the one who didn't make it clear that he was brown, or black or anything. A lot of people make it part of their gimmick to show who and what they are. Last time I checked, it's completely unnecessary to reveal your sex or race.

I.E. a female boxing fan can mingle amongst us (and perhaps there are a few), contributing on all sorts of topics, without revealing her hand with an avatar picture of herself, a female account name, and pink font.

Generally, if your grammar is decent and you comment on a whole host of issues without trying to project an image by typing slang, by default it's presumed that we're all a bunch of blend, middle class, average white guys. Which is good, because isn't trying hard to appear that way. This perception only gets ruined when someone decides to muck it up with 'flashy' gimmicks based on race, nationalism through their avatar, signature. Like, "Look at me, I'm black, I'm white, I'm Mexican and all my fave fighters (insert your All European or Black favorite fighter list) represent who I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      The best "Brown Mexican" poster is the one who didn't make it clear that he was brown, or black or anything. A lot of people make it part of their gimmick to show who and what they are. Last time I checked, it's completely unnecessary to reveal your sex or race.

I.E. a female boxing fan can mingle amongst us (and perhaps there are a few), contributing on all sorts of topics, without revealing her hand with an avatar picture of herself, a female account name, and pink font.

Generally, if your grammar is decent and you comment on a whole host of issues without trying to project an image by typing slang, by default it's presumed that we're all a bunch of blend, middle class, average white guys. Which is good, because isn't trying hard to appear that way. This perception only gets ruined when someone decides to muck it up with 'flashy' gimmicks based on race, nationalism through their avatar, signature. Like, "Look at me, I'm black, I'm white, I'm Mexican and all my fave fighters (insert your All European or Black favorite fighter list) represent who I am.

you messican, vato?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you messican, vato?
        No I'm white.

Comment

yall can slug it out for second place with left hooks to the liver.

cuaht is an old, streetwise aztec. underline the old part. dude has more experience being mexican than most of you combined.

the many faces of cuaht:

Comment

No I'm white.

orale.

lo siento

Comment

Serbo-Croatian to be exact, from the old Yugoslavia. Roots from Germany as well on fathers side. Just saying, you don't see me sigging' Novak Djokovic or Croat Cop to make a statement.

Comment

Serbo-Croatian to be exact, from the old Yugoslavia. Roots from Germany as well on fathers side. Just saying, you don't see me sigging' Novak Djokovic or Croat Cop to make a statement.
                or the best croatian creation, tony kukoc?

I just twisted my tongue typing that.

Comment

Generally, if your grammar is decent and you comment on a whole host of issues without trying to project an image by typing slang, by default it's presumed that we're all a bunch of blend, middle class, average white guys. Which is good, because isn't trying hard to appear that way.
                  You want everyone to appear to blend in and appear to be an average white guy? What if some of us don't mind being of a different race and take pride in it?

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                    You want everyone to appear to blend in and appear to be an average white guy? What if some of us don't mind being of a different race and take pride in it?

I meant "bland". But yes, being bland would mean that you also blend in, unless the depth of your knowledge on a variety of topics made you stand out, as opposed to the quantity of posts or your avatar and signature decoration.
                    Last edited by cupocity303; 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I still try to stand out because of the quality of my posts. Which can be hit or miss sometimes I admit.

But I'm not ashamed that I'm not white.

Comment

Working...
                      X