No announcement yet.

Boxing should respect Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    He's lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and Trout. (pretty much every major fight he was ever in) He's not great or even worthy of the HOF but he's definitely a solid gatekeeper. He deserves more respect than he's given. With that said he's an emotional guy. He has literally cried on every 24/7 he's ever been on and he even cried in his last All Access. I'm not surprised he would be deluded enough to think he won or to even walk off like he did against Mayweather and Trout.

I like him, he's entertaining and deserves all the respect a former multi division champ is entitled to. Sucks he gets hated on here alot.
    He won vs Mosley and clottey, dumb azz

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      Everyone says how Trout had the physical advantages, but there were times when Cotto was clearly the more intelligent fighter/boxer and he got caught up not sticking to his game too many times in that fight. As a Cotto fan it pains me to say that this happens in almost every fight he's been in. Trout took advantage of a fighter who was smarter, but far more impatient.
      let's just face facts.... cotto is a small jr middleweight and he needs to hand-pick opponents at 154 to keep on winning... if he's smart he should go back to 147 lbs if he can, otherwise he should retire

Comment

Cotto is a warrior. He took a tough challenge and it didn't play out like he wanted but he should get credit for taking it. That being said I think he should call it a day. He can't make 147 anymore and I don't want fighters to have his name on their resume when he's clearly in the wrong division and past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          He lost 116-112 on my card. I could see 115-113 though. He was just beaten by a better fighter.
          I don't agree with that. IMO when he was beaten by Mayweather, he was beaten by the better fighter but against Trout he was beaten by the bigger fighter.

Comment

Working...
          X