No announcement yet.

Mayweather getting released tomorrow!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather getting released tomorrow!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. will be released from jail in Las Vegas as early as Thursday night, a Las Vegas police spokesman said Wednesday.

Mayweather, the unbeaten world super-welterweight champion, has been jailed inside Clark County (Nev.) Detention Center since June 1 for a 2010 domestic violence crime against the mother of his three children.

He was sentenced to 90 days in jail but was eligible for early release based on good behavior. Jail officials informed Mayweather's attorney that additional inmates might accelerate the boxer's release, according to a person familiar with the situation but unauthorized to speak publicly about it.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Dept. spokesman Bill Cassell said Mayweather's release date is Friday, but added, "historically, inmates can be processed out the night before."

Mayweather's attorneys attempted to gain him house arrest, arguing in a court filing that the boxer was losing significant strength and could find his career threatened by restrictions on nutrition and exercise. That argument was denied by a justice of the peace who presided over Mayweather's case.

Mayweather (43-0, 26 knockouts) had his jail sentence postponed from earlier this year so he could fight Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto, whom Mayweather, 35, defeated by unanimous decision May 5 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

It is unclear whom Mayweather will fight next, or when.

Repeated failed efforts to stage a fight against Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao are not expected to be reignited. Pacquiao is in the Philippines and could select his next opponent by Friday, promoter Bob Arum said last week.

Pacquiao could opt for a rematch with Timothy Bradley, who defeated him by a controversial split decision in November, take a fourth fight against Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez or have a rematch with Cotto, Arum said.

Can't wait to see him again.

Lets see how jail has enlightened Floyd.

Will he still be the villain?

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
      Can't wait to see him again.

Lets see how jail has enlightened Floyd.

Will he still be the villain?
      He's been there for 2 months. We go more time without seeing or hearing from Floyd when he's not in jail.

I'll be disappointed if he isn't trimmed down to 120 pounds, considering how he was being starved.

Comment

The King returns.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He's been there for 2 months. We go more time without seeing or hearing from Floyd when he's not in jail.

I'll be disappointed if he isn't trimmed down to 120 pounds, considering how he was being starved.
          I can't wait to see Mayweather-Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I can't wait to see Mayweather-Donaire.
            Donaire's overrated. I want Mayweather-Gamboa. I'd ask for Mayweather-Broner, see who the real "Money" is, but Broner's too big.

Comment

Hope he comes out a stronger person after this ordeal. Even if it's a small stint, I'm sure jail can **** anyone up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Donaire's overrated. I want Mayweather-Gamboa. I'd ask for Mayweather-Broner, see who the real "Money" is, but Broner's too big.
                Donaire beat three reigning champions in three of his last four bouts. Who else in boxing can claim that.
                But to see Mayweather defend his light middleweight title against a featherweight would not come as a suprise I guess.

Comment

I wonder how many inmates have been balls deep in Floyd.

Comment

I'm very curious to hear from him after this whole ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                    X