No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Discusses Donaire-Mares Clash, Showtime, HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Discusses Donaire-Mares Clash, Showtime, HBO

From the moment Top Rank signed Nonito Donaire some four years ago, the belief was that the Fil-Am star would go on to win world titles in some seven weight classes, conquering every division from 112 all the way to 130.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, make it happen.

Comment

Sure Bob it's not a promoters conflict, sure Bob.

You fricken weasel!

Comment

So basically, Arum "don't mind" a Mares-Donaire fight as long as Top Rank calls the shots and the fight only happens on HBO, knowing Mares has a contract with Showtime.

Didn't he pretty much say the same thing about Pac-Mayweather? He "don't mind" working with Mayweather to make the fight happen as long as Top Rank calls the shots and Golden Boy isn't involved, knowing Floyd and Golden Boy are partners and have been since 2007?
        Last edited by -Huey-; 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

After he sold Showtime on Pac-Mosley he trashes them.

What a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            So basically, Arum "don't mind" a Mares-Donaire fight as long as Top Rank calls the shots and the fight only happens on HBO, knowing Mares has a contract with Showtime.

Didn't he pretty much say the same thing about Pac-Mayweather? He "don't mind" working with Mayweather to make the fight happen as long as Top Rank calls the shots and Golden Boy isn't involved, knowing Floyd and Golden Boy are partners and have been since 2007?
            Myself and the sport of boxing cannot wait till that fuker retires!
            Last edited by fceeviper; 06-26-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Showtime did a lot of good for the lighter weights with their bantamweight tournament. And now here's Bob crapping all over them.

Comment

HBO the premiere network huh?

Lately I've been feeling the fights on Showtime way more than the ones on HBO to be honest. Id go as far as saying Showtime has had the better fights this year if you ask me.

Comment

HBO maybe the premiere network, but Showtime has been improving very quickly and showcases boxing at its best!!!! besides the top earners!!!

Showtime showcases boxing at its best: Creating the super six tournament!! which made me the biggest andre ward fan, having allot of up and comers on shobox like Austin Trout, and even showing undercard fight on a diffrent showtime network!! That totally gives showtime full props for being very involved in the sport!!!!

Comment

what about bob!!

HBO maybe the premier network for Pacman and Mayweather. but Showtime has improved greatly over the years!!!

Showtime showcases boxing at it best: from the super six tournament, which made Andre Ward extremely famous, Showbox which made austin trout a contender at the light middleweight division. When Showtime Championship Boxing they show the undercard on a diffrent showtime network!!! In my belief that makes Showtime true to the sport!!!

Give it time, but showtime will make HBO a run for the money pretty soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X