Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz Fearful Frampton Won't Come To Fight Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaconlittlered View Post
    I'll give Frampton the speed advantage but the Boxing IQ ahahaha hell no Cruz showed a lot in the Mares, Mijares Fight and the only reason Frampton won against Quigg is becuase Quigg started slow Cruz from start to finish throws shiiit load of punches and he gets stronger every round. Now remember Frampton chin against Gonzalez frampton was dropped twice.
    Nail on the head. Cruz has been in with a higher level of competition than Frampton.
    Quigg could have won that fight if he didn't spend 5 rounds trying to out jab Frampton. Santa Cuz won't do that.

This fight will have the look of the Khanelo fight. Frampton will outbox Santa Cruz in spots but it is just a matter of time before Leo catches up with him and lays it on him for a tko or ko.

Frampton's only chance, as was Khan's, is box perfectly. That was Khan's only chance and we saw what happened there.

Still looking forward to this though. One of the better fights on paper this year.

Comment

Frampton could pull out a Crawford running style and not engage for 12 rounds. I would be fearful too if I were Santa Cruz.

Comment

I got this as an easy fight for Santa Cruz. it would be nice if he can KO him.
        9-3 or 8-4 for Santa Cruz.
        this is an excellent week for boxing heads!

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
          Frampton's foot-speed, coordination, and dexterity over Cruz is SILLY..

he will keep the distance off the back foot, and shoot in like a lightening bolt when picking his spots, getting INSIDE Cruz's optimal range, get off his combinations, and side step up and under back out... pivot, feint ,repeat until Cruz starts swelling...

Cruz is disgustingly uncoordinated, and slow with his feet... His hand speed is average/above average... But no dexterity, nor coordination...

Cruz will just keep plodding in a straight line towards Frampton, trying to set up body shots off his long, rangy jab... But Frampton will easily time it, slip it, shoot in range, counter-punch...

The 1-2 will work like a CHARM once he finds the range, and splits Cruz's guard with it.
          That is what makes this match up a good one, excited to see how it plays out. I like Frampton more in this match up stylistically but I remember Quigg had his moments when he finally decided to come forward and let his hands go. Leo will come after him and he will let his hands go but yes I can see Frampton doing this for 12 Rounds then people coming to this forum crying about how he "RAN":

Last edited by sicko; 07-27-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
            Frampton could pull out a Crawford running style and not engage for 12 rounds. I would be fearful too if I were Santa Cruz.
            GOD I hope NOT!!! If it does I'm just gonna punch myself in the face a dozen times. The Postol fight was TERRIBLE! That was a battle to land even 4 punches per round.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              GOD I hope NOT!!! If it does I'm just gonna punch myself in the face a dozen times. The Postol fight was TERRIBLE! That was a battle to land even 4 punches per round.
              We should at least have a MBFOTY in this site.

Most boring fight of the year candidates:

1. Crawford vs Postol

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                already planting the seed for an excuse when he loses.

Frampton is going to put on a boxing master class Sat. night...

Oh, there will be some exchanges, when Frampton picks his spots, steps inside Cruz's reach, and fires off beautiful 2-3's, 3-6-3's, 5-2-3's - flies Santa's head like a ball, and then sidesteps up and under beautifully while Cruz attempts to clumsily fire back...

Not to mention, the basic 1-2 will work LIKE A CHARM - Frampton will shoot it right up the gut, between Cruz's guard...
                This.......

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Nail on the head. Cruz has been in with a higher level of competition than Frampton.
                  Quigg could have won that fight if he didn't spend 5 rounds trying to out jab Frampton. Santa Cuz won't do that.

This fight will have the look of the Khanelo fight. Frampton will outbox Santa Cruz in spots but it is just a matter of time before Leo catches up with him and lays it on him for a tko or ko.

Frampton's only chance, as was Khan's, is box perfectly. That was Khan's only chance and we saw what happened there.

Still looking forward to this though. One of the better fights on paper this year.
                  Frampton is gonna break Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    #NoCowardsInBoxing #StayHomeIfYouGonnaRunBish #FramptonScared #FightLikeAMan #ToeToToe
                    Why didn't GGG stand and trade with Lemieux? What a bish.....

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      Frampton is gonna break Cruz.
                      And next I'm gonna hear a gay guy talk to me about getting puss y.

I'm amazed you would say something so outrageous!!! You not only PICK Frampton but to BREAk Leo??? Wow!!! I think the gay guy acting like the vaggina expert is more believable...

Comment

Working...
                      X