Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are people really rating Wilder higher now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    Hang on. My argument was that the lineal title is a historical title that is typically muddy and gets resolved in hindsight.

Your argument was that strict rules (your version of them, which you still can't quite acknowledge are just yours) apply and the lineage is always clear.

You demonstrated this with Wlad beating Chagaev for the lineal title. Until I pointed out he was number 3 and didn't meet your strict rules.

So you went with Povetkin. But I pointed out he didn't meet your strict rules either. So you got to Pulev. I'll give you that one. Under your rules he won it against Pulev. In a fight that literally no-one billed as being for the lineal title.

But I wasn't debating Wlad's status. Nor Fury's. I was saying that the criteria aren't clear, aren't universal, and typically don't work for current fighters. Hindsight resolves it - just like it did for your opinion of Wlad's status.

Fury's claim right now will be sorted by the history books. Just like they all have been.
    It's pretty clear right now. No revisionist history needed.

Lennox Lewis was the last undisputed lineal champion. He retired for good and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2009.

Wladimir Klitschko beat Chagaev for the RING belt, then beat Povetkin a year after Vitali's last fight and Pulev a year after Vitali officially retired. So that covered all the bases. He established himself as the legitimate lineal champion from a political point of view and a boxing purists' point of view.

Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko, so he is the current, reigning and defending lineal champion. No rules, no debates, no opinions and no hindsight needed. Just a little bit of serenity to accept the things you cannot change.
    Last edited by davefromvancouv; 05-26-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
      Wilder has fought all the top HWs.

AJ has never gotten a deal done to fight Ortiz Fury or Wilder.

I actually rank AJ 3rd. Behind Fury and Wilder.
      yup wilder has fought 2 of the top 5 HWs with himself being one of them....hes put them down a total of 5x in 2 fights

Comment

I respect the knockout but Breazeale is second best win in Wilder career so his record is still crap.

Comment

Working...
        X