No announcement yet.

what figher should i try to emulate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what figher should i try to emulate

sparring next week for the first time. im pretty tall for my weight class im 6'0 1/2 155. 76 inch reach pretty fast hands. my friend was telling me that before i spar i should go on youtube and watch a fighter thats your size and try to copy how he boxes the shorter opponents. im orthodox by the way thanks so much any advice would help.

stay on the outside and just keep pumping your jab into your opponet while moving to the side. occasionaly come forward and throw a combo.

Comment

lennox lewis

Comment

just do what feels right dude and make your own style

Comment

Fight like Roy Jones Jr. Easy as cake.

Comment

You shouldnt try and emulate anyones style. Do what your trainer tells you, train hard and you'll develope your own style by knowing what works for you and what doesnt.

Comment

Brian Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
                Brian Vera
                LOL. Throw huge right hands that miss more than they land and get punched in the face a lot.

Just do what your trainer says and develop your own style. That's what all of the good pro's did. I wouldn't recommend being flashy though, because it works for few people and it's fun to see them get knocked out.

Comment

or you could be a real man and emulate rocky balboa

Take everything they give you and swell up like someone put baseballs under your skin and then KO them in a later round

Comment

JMM, Ricardo Lopez, or Thomas Hearns. Hearns might be the most similarly disproportionately tall as you are so he'd be a good starting point.

Comment

Working...
                    X