No announcement yet.

Whats everyones take on Leben Vs. Bisping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats everyones take on Leben Vs. Bisping

Im very interested in this fight, its Bispings first fight at 185, and chris leben is coming off 2 consecutive wins both by knockout... Ive been watching chris since the ultimate fighter season 1 and he has really come into his own not only in the ring but out of the ring as well. Bisping is a good fighter, but i cant say im a big fan of his, i didnt think he showed any class with his "WIN" over matt hammil. Im looking for chris to really show the improvements he has made and just how hard he has worked with a big win in this fight. Hes going in as the underdog, and if this fight stays on the feet... i believe he has a VERY good chance of winning.

Meanwhile here is the documentary of chris leben in hawaii, prepairing for this fight... thought some of you on here might enjoy it. You can see hes really working hard, working with a great strength and conditioning coach, running up mountains for cardio lol, and just really going hard.

Wow he seems to have come a long way since The Ultimate Fighter days. As an Oregon guy myself I always fealt I could sorta relate to Leben; it's probably really a great thing for him to be out of Portland and to be somewhere relaxed like where he's at, considering his past wildman persona.

I've always thought Leben-Bisping seemed like a terrific match-up. Leben seems to have turned the corner, which makes the fight a lot more interesting.

Comment

bis-ping ran from matt hamill, he'll run from the crippler or get knocked the **** out

Comment

I don't think he's worried about the Cat Smasher.

The card's middle of the road though.

Comment

I'm going with Leben by TKO. Tough as nails and his iron chin is gonna hold up.. Bispin is nothing special, at all.

Comment

This is to much of an easy fight for Bisping. Easy Victory.

Comment

I think The Count will take this one, but he will have a definite war in front of him in the form of Leben.

Comment

It's actually Bisping's 3rd fight at 185. His first was a 1st rd TKO of Charles McCarthy who subsequently retired after that fight, and his second was a 1st rd TKO of Jason Day. But anyhow this is how I see it.

Both are coming off back to back wins with Leben looking to climb back up the ladder after being knocked off by Silva, MacDonald & Starnes. Bisping is looking to further cement his status in the division as one of the contenders to look out for. So essentially both guys are coming in with something to prove which makes for a great matchup.

On paper, its pretty even with both guys having a very good chance of winning this. Leben without doubt has heavy hands and a great chin to go with them. He will look to use those to catch Bisping and finish it which he is more than capable of doing in a heartbeat. . . as long as he is able to catch his opponent. But that's where it ends for me.

In looking at Leben's 3 losses in the UFC they have all been against guys who are bigger, with the ability to use their range to keep the smaller Leben at bay which Bisping is more than capable of doing. Leben is a one dimensional fighter and fights one way and one way only. He has decent enough ground work and slick enough submissions but I don't see him being able to submit Bisping as Bisping has been in there with far better grapplers than Leben. Plus this isn't the first time Bisping has fought a wild heavy handed fighter like Leben (Just look at his 2 fights against Epstein). And, with Rashad Evans recent demolition of Chuck Liddell, Bisping is looking a lot tougher than people give him credit for in being able to go the distance and put up a very good fight against a very good fighter. The pace that Bisping is able to set now that he has dropped to 185 coupled with his improved cardio will be the key factor for him winning the fight

My prediction, Bisping by late round stoppage.

Comment

I like Chris Leben's hair better this way.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                    I'm going with Leben by TKO. Tough as nails and his iron chin is gonna hold up.. Bispin is nothing special, at all.
                    well put
                    also like leben better cause he's got a better attitude

Comment

Working...
                    X