No announcement yet.

rorymac gets in shape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Yup, like I always say, if you kill it in the gym and then eat a pizza, you will see no changes.

If you dont work out AT ALL, but eat clean and watch your calories... you WILL lose weight.

80%-90% diet... its more important than anything else.
    by the same token, if you work out like a mad man with something to prove you can pretty much eat what you want within reason.

I do.

Though I wonder if there is some connection to the belly fat in my lower abs that I just can't get rid of. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      by the same token, if you work out like a mad man with something to prove you can pretty much eat what you want within reason.

I do.

Though I wonder if there is some connection to the belly fat in my lower abs that I just can't get rid of. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Of course there is... yes you curn enough calories to eat a slice of pizza.

But the amount of work you will have to put in to burn calories, with the amount of ease it is to eat just a little too many calories is too easy.

Diet is everything.

Comment

no surrender rorymac!!!!!!!!

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          no surrender rorymac!!!!!!!!

good luck.
          Thank you...

Comment

Yup, like I always say, if you kill it in the gym and then eat a pizza, you will see no changes.

If you dont work out AT ALL, but eat clean and watch your calories... you WILL lose weight.

80%-90% diet... its more important than anything else.
            exactly, i got some friends that hit the gym then go straight for a beer and order pizza/eat junk food then whine they can't see results.....it's hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              exactly, i got some friends that hit the gym then go straight for a beer and order pizza/eat junk food then whine they can't see results.....it's hilarious
              Pretty much, I used to do the same thing... when you get out of the gym after killin it you're hungry... the best thing to do in this case is to have a healthy meal ready for you to eat... even in your car when you leave... otherwise you can be sucked in to grabbing fast food or whatever.

Comment

Pretty much, I used to do the same thing... when you get out of the gym after killin it you're hungry... the best thing to do in this case is to have a healthy meal ready for you to eat... even in your car when you leave... otherwise you can be sucked in to grabbing fast food or whatever.
                i usually got my girl making me some chicken breast with vegs/salade + some grapes for dessert or pancakes(can't pass on those)

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  i usually got my girl making me some chicken breast with vegs/salade + some grapes for dessert or pancakes(can't pass on those)
                  Yeah Id stay away from the pancakes lol

Otherwise sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

Photo taken today. About to start eating properly/exercising. I'll add a photo every couple of weeks or so.

Height: 175cm/5'9

Current weight: 173lbs/78kg

I'll run, swim, do armcurls, squats, pressups and situps.
                    Consistency and discipline... after a few days you will realize how much it sucks to eat only healthy food and work out. Keep going and as soon as you see results it will be that much more enjoyable.

I would just suggest you work on an exercising program more defined then what you said in your post (unless you do and just didnt mention it). And there is a ton of information out there on the internet when it comes to losing weight and building muscle. Look up some stuff so you know exactly what you wanna do.

Comment

Yeah Id stay away from the pancakes lol

Otherwise sounds great.
                      man you gotta taste her pancakes....to be fair i don't drink even near as much as i used to, just a beer or two once a week when i go out with the guys

you still drink?

Comment

Working...
                      X