No announcement yet.

4 Things I want Andre Ward to do:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Hopkins gets ****, Bradley gets ****...but Ward the wonderful christian olympian is a p4p great already? I'm glad u made this thread cos it's the damn truth.

Oh btw people forget...re-watch the Dawson fight UNTIL the left hook that rocked him. Within a couple of rounds Dawson is already the recipient of a lovely headbutt which Ward gives to all of his opponents as a souvenir. And it's pretty damn intentional, when clinching he thrusts his head forward and makes contact with his opponent, even pushing and shoving with his head.

What a wonderful guy! great personality!

And the next person to say he has great 'inside fighting' needs to re-watch Corrales Castillo asap. If Ward fought in Mexico the fans there would lynch him.

And btw.....The Allan Green fight is perhaps the most disgraceful fight I have ever witnessed and I will never forgive SOB for that. If anyone asks why you are seriously ******ed. The Bika was also just a terrible clinch fest, and let's not forget the street beating he gave Kessler, not just using his fists.

Am I hating? You damn right I'm hating.
    absolutely. couldnt agree more with you. The Ward - Bika fight was one of the ugliest and dirtiest fights I ever saw. Btw how did you score it? Im not so sure Ward really won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertPullhoez
      What is this "we" stuff? I dont have a problem with it and there's plenty of others that dont have a problem with it. You reaching with Dhalsim arms on this one dude, fight with morals? Really? So clinching means he has no morals? That's just stupid to say and you know it. You reaching for something that isnt there. SMH at using his religion as if that got anything to do with it
      religion has to do with morals. headbutting, lowblowing (and constantly using the clinch to get an advantage) has nothing to do with morals. If Ward calls himself a religious person (which he does) and at the same time he is the dirtiest piece of **** once he enters the ring, it makes him the most hypocritical a+sshole on this planet

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        corrales used to spit out his mouth piece and pretend to slip to recover in fights...

castillo used to low blow in fights he got outhustled in...

double...

...standards

You are taking my quote out of context. I am talking about Wards so called great inside game. It doesn't exist!!! And don't even try to mention those couple of uppercuts he landed on Dawson.

Of course a lot of fighters use dirty tactics, it's boxing. But Ward has this wonderful image which is just plain fake.

I don't like Floyd for example, and he uses his elbows, but by god the man can put on a boxing clinic and DISPLAY HIS TALENT.

Ward prefers doing the job dirty, despite having all this talent. If that means 12 rounds of clinching then so be it. Again the Allan Green or the Bika fight....did u really enjoy that?

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          religion has to do with morals. headbutting, lowblowing (and constantly using the clinch to get an advantage) has nothing to do with morals. If Ward calls himself a religious person (which he does) and at the same time he is the dirtiest piece of **** once he enters the ring, it makes him the most hypocritical a+sshole on this planet
          ^this

"I'd like to thank god for this victory"

Yeah SOB I'm sure god loves how u split open your opponents with headbutts. I bet he sat back with a beer and really thought 'gee that Ward is one fine talent!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Puxp2Lv6QU

"Ward comes in a blasted Kessler with it"

Comment

Dirtiest piece of s**t? Really? Once again stop reaching. You really gonna sit in front of your computer and keyboard and with a straight face say that? Ward is by far from the dirtest fighter in boxing. Once again seems like you just personally hating on the dude.

Man y'all kill me, excuse me I gotta go on my lunch break after that post
            watch this:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Puxp2Lv6QU

then watch the Green fight

then watch the Bika fight

come back to this thread and re-think ur post

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              1. Andre Ward should stop draining fighters.
              Name 2 fighters he drained.

2. Andre Ward should stop clinching 70 % of the whole fight.
              Sure

3. I want him to fight out of Oakland. Dude (almost) never fought outside of his hometown in his big fights as far as I know.
              Until he gets a close decision over there I don't think it matters

4. Stop pretending to be a or the "Son of God (S.O.G.)" while being one of the dirtiest fighters I ever saw in my life.
              We are ALL God's children. O_O

Comment

Stop it, slime.

Comment

Dirtiest piece of s**t? Really? Once again stop reaching. You really gonna sit in front of your computer and keyboard and with a straight face say that? Ward is by far from the dirtest fighter in boxing. Once again seems like you just personally hating on the dude.

Man y'all kill me, excuse me I gotta go on my lunch break after that post
                  dirtiest fighters I ever saw: Bernard Hopkins, Andre Ward, Evander Holyfield, and from older eras there are e.g. Harry Greb and Fritzie Zivic although there is not a lot of footage of them. Zivic was thumbing pple in the eyes a lot which is a very subtle thing you dont see when you watch the fight, but all his opponents said he did it. Greb was also the king of headbutts and everything else from what his opponents say.
                  And Andre Ward is right up there with the dirtiest fighters ever. Thats just a fact, if you cant see it, you are a blind fan who is just not WILLING to see the truth.

Comment

But it's nothing but *******g and nitpicking though. There's not one real reason that Andre Ward has done to warrant the hate and BS from some people. It's all petty crap

1. He NEVER drained Dawson, Chad stated he would come down and felt fine at 168. That's not on Andre, not his fault. You guys have done more complaining about the weight than Chad Dawson himself.

2. The clinching is part of the business and the game, yeah like he's the first fighter to clinch and use that as part of his trade, c'mon son. Once again nitpicking. So he should stop doing something cause the threadstarter doesnt like it? Yeah let me direct you to GTFOH-ville

3. He sells tickets in Oakland, they gotta make money right? They gotta get fans to come out right? Where else in the country could you have put Ward-Dawson and get the crowd they got at Oracle? Dont worry i'll wait. Besides he beat Froch in Atlantic City and beat Arthur Abraham in Carson. Y'all are acting like he's putting guns to guys heads and forcing them to fight in Oakland. He draws well in his hometown. Yeah put the Ward-Dawson fight in Dawson's hometown and let's see how many people show up

4. And the 4th reason that was stated in the OP is just ******ed I wont even waste time responding to that one.

Once again it's all just trolling and nitpicking bruh
                    albertpulhoez, you make some very valid points, regarding andre ward...for the record, i never stated andre ward, forced chad dawson, to come down to 168, but you gotta admit, that andre ward, only having two fights outside of his hometown, will raise criticism....

to say andre ward, just clinches in fights, is also understated...andre ward, chronicially, clinches, headbutts, hits after the break, without warning from the refs, especially when he fights in oakland, which is all the time in his critics point of view...at the same time, i've watched andre ward fight sakio bika, and sakio bika, was chastised by the referee, far more than andre ward was, while andre ward, was initiating all of the fouling, in my opinion...i immediately got turned off by andre ward after that fight, and bestowed the name "son of bernard" on him...lol

its a shame, when you see a fighter with the talent to outclass opponents, fight such a dirty fight, when he doesn't have to, and i'm quite sure that is andre ward's dilemma, when it comes to gaining a lot of respect from a good amount of hardcore boxing fans...and, when it comes to casual fans outside of oakland, california, andre ward, for all his talent, isn't even a blip, on their radar...

Comment

Working...
                    X