No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta Unsure of Next Date, But He's Eager To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gesta Unsure of Next Date, But He's Eager To Fight

A new week is nearly upon us and still no word on who Manny Pacquiao will be fighting if he chooses to step inside the squared circle this year.

Pacquiao was originally scheduled for a November 10th assignment at the MGM Grand but the date would eventually shift to December 8th after a suitable opponent wasn’t selected from the list of Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, and Miguel Cotto.

With Cotto having announced that he will be returning to face WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout at Madison Square Garden on December 1st, that leaves Marquez and Bradley, Pacquiao’s last two opponents, left to choose from.
    [Click Here To Read More]

gesta maybe rushing it up a bit. hope he gets to fight someone like katsidis or even julio diaz or any of the european guys at 35 or 40. establish himself first in that level before immediately setting his sights on championships.

Comment

Gesta beats none of the champions at LW

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Gesta beats none of the champions at LW
        Your Bias is obvious. You had nothing negative to say about Quintero getting a shot. Quintero was knocked out by ancient Atta and Tyrone Harris and has done nothing to deserve a shot and you didn't complain about him.

Comment

Gesta is limited and he may not get much better, but that doesn't mean he can't fight. He's not very aggresive, he prefers to take advantage of mistakes, and counter. Still, he's passed every test and he needs to up the ante. Broner needs an intro to the lightweights. And don't tell me Broner is going to steamroll him. To hear the Broner fans tell it, he's going to steamroll everybody, so start steamrolling here.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Your Bias is obvious. You had nothing negative to say about Quintero getting a shot. Quintero was knocked out by ancient Atta and Tyrone Harris and has done nothing to deserve a shot and you didn't complain about him.
            he beat mini Pac in the summer who was pretty much being groomed for a title fight and that was an ibf eliminator. Gesta is being put up on a pedestal. I don't care if he fights Vasquez. He'd be so unprepared that he's just look foolish.
            Your bias is obvious

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
              Quote:

Originally Posted by richardt

he beat mini Pac in the summer who was pretty much being groomed for a title fight and that was an ibf eliminator. Gesta is being put up on a pedestal. I don't care if he fights Vasquez. He'd be so unprepared that he's just look foolish.
              Your bias is obvious
              On a pedestal by who? 90% of this board will either tell you he sucks or he's too green. I really doubt anybody actually thinks Gesta is getting anywhere.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Gesta is a complete bum...the second he gets in the ring with anything resembling a decent opponent he is going to get blown out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                  On a pedestal by who? 90% of this board will either tell you he sucks or he's too green. I really doubt anybody actually thinks Gesta is getting anywhere.

pedestal in a way that arum is grooming him towards a title without doing anything significant.
                  Also in the casual eye.
                  When I talk to Filipinos, they bring up three names:
                  Pac, donaite and gesta. Hell, I saw some people claiming him to be the second coming of Manny. Not arum but people. Of course I'll probably get an earful of him when I go to Cebu later this year because he's from mandaue city

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

pedestal in a way that arum is grooming him towards a title without doing anything significant.
                    Also in the casual eye.
                    When I talk to Filipinos, they bring up three names:
                    Pac, donaite and gesta. Hell, I saw some people claiming him to be the second coming of Manny. Not arum but people. Of course I'll probably get an earful of him when I go to Cebu later this year because he's from mandaue city
                    This second coming of Pacquiao you speak of is ancient talk. Let me ask you this, who are the more known Filipino boxers out there? Its like talking to a PR and they will only mention to you Cotto and Juanma, maybe Dulorme. And to me putting someone on a pedestal means he gets a bunch of praises and overrated when they really arent sht like a few boxers around here. An example would be, Canelo. Dude is on a serious pedestal and hasnt done sht. But Gesta does not get praised by anybody nor anyone thinks hes good. Hes fun to watch but developing way too slow and will possibly never even be on Donaire's level as far as drawing power is concerned (and its not even that good).

Comment

Working...
                    X