No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Gorman Back, October 20 In Brentwood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nathan Gorman Back, October 20 In Brentwood

Nathan Gorman will be back in action sooner rather than later. The 22-year-old Nantwich heavyweight had been set to come back on December 22. Gorman was ruled out of a fight on the Frank Warren-promoted Leicester card at the Morningside Arena, exclusively live on BT Sport, last weekend after his opponent withdrew from the fight at the 11th-hour.
    [Click Here To Read More]

All of these fat journeyman level boxers get a lot of hype and publicity in the UK it would seem.

Brits love their boxing.

Comment

Yes we do mate. Wouldn't call Gorman a journeyman though, he's not had enough fights to be called anything other than a prospect at this point. The boy can fight -has decent power, takes a good shot and moves very well for a fat lad. Not the tallest though, and I can't help but think he'd be better at CW if he went on a bit of a diet.

Comment

Lucien Reid looked like the most exciting prospect I’d ever seen when he was the filler fight for someone in 2016. I hope inactivity doesn’t ruin him.

Comment

Hatton is his trainer? Both fat and both sniffing coke?

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
            All of these fat journeyman level boxers get a lot of hype and publicity in the UK it would seem.

Brits love their boxing.
            He's nothing more than a prospect at this point

Comment

All roads lead to Gorman V Kownacki next year

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                Yes we do mate. Wouldn't call Gorman a journeyman though, he's not had enough fights to be called anything other than a prospect at this point. The boy can fight -has decent power, takes a good shot and moves very well for a fat lad. Not the tallest though, and I can't help but think he'd be better at CW if he went on a bit of a diet.
                Gorman has got very good skills. Good ring IQ for this stage, excellent shot selection, nice power good movement, fast hands. He's also got family pedigree. He's a better prospect than Dubois in my opinion.

He's 6'3 so not massive but he's thick set, big legs and 17 stone. He's not got a body builder body by any stretch but there's absolutely no way he makes 14'4.

Comment

I thought he was only about 6'1, shows how thick-set he is if it's making him look shorter I suppose. It's similar with Dave Allen who also looks like he could make CW at first glance. Could still probably do with losing a bit of chub in the long term though; he's still a pup really but that belly will take it's toll on his stamina as he gets older. Around 16st is probably the optimum for his height and frame. Definitely agree with you that he's a better prospect than Dubois at this point. Gorman is a far more natural fighter and almost seems on auto-pilot in the ring with the ease in which he moves; while Dubois seems to have let the AJ comparisons get to his head and needs drilling on his fundamentals rather than punch power. A boxer could have all the power in the world, but it will do him no good if he lacks the speed, technique and savvy (savvyness?) to land flush.

Comment

Gorman is actually pretty good, despite what he looks like, if they met right now I'd be putting my money on Gorman to shatter Dubois' chandelier

Comment

Working...
                    X