Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the most effective places to aim for a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the most effective places to aim for a knockout?

i was wondering what are the best places to aim and the quickest places to put someone to sleep. im guessing the chin but what angles and what punches work best?

hitting someone behind/around the ear is supposedly better for knocking people off balance because of the balance centres in your inner ear, but its all about what you can land hardest. if dude is open to left hooks then you've got most chance of knocking him out with that, if he doesnt like body shots then thats the best way. Well timed Counterpunching helps because of the added momentum of him coming into your fist.

Comment

The temple... although its difficult to catch 'em square, so the jaw is probably the second best option.

Comment

Chin, temple, solar plexus, ribcage (lungs) and if they are very badly conditioned in their big pot belly

Comment

The forehead aswell. Ask Curtis Stevens and Jeff Lacy when he fought Jermaine Taylor.

The solarplex is VERY good aswell... Throw like an uppercut (Left or right) in the midsection of his body with full torque going upward... I love that shot.. My favorite punch. You can combine it with a hook to the side of the head aswell.. Behind the ear or temple is the best. Or connect it to the body.

Comment

Tip of the chin, jaw, temple, liver, solar plexus.

I like going for the nose too, doesn't always knock them out but they will see stars, and it hurts a lot.

Comment

uppercut right up to the chin. its a wrap.

Comment

hitting someone in the ear is supposed to knock them off balance, but the best place i would say if hit with power would be the solarplex its between the ribs and is the only place you cant build muscle to help protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by matty_mop View Post
                  hitting someone in the ear is supposed to knock them off balance, but the best place i would say if hit with power would be the solarplex its between the ribs and is the only place you cant build muscle to help protect it.
                  You can't build muscles over your ribs or temple either! Idf you see someone who is really ripped, there is an area left where you can see their ribs on the side. Hit them there with your body shots if you can. Solar plexus is hard to get. You can't build muscle there but you can build muscle around it making it a smaller target. I like hitting people in nose too to affect their morale, and between eyes if they guard their chin and temple well.

Comment

One not mentioned is the heart, used to be a noted knockout punch of the old timers. Although it is pretty hard to get a clean shot at someones chest. If you cause someones neck to twist enough they will get knocked out, that is pretty much all the one punch knock out spots covered.

Comment

Working...
                    X