Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Youth Over Experience: Bizier Tops, Stops Nate Campbell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Youth Over Experience: Bizier Tops, Stops Nate Campbell

by David P. Greisman - Kevin Bizier had not even had his first pro fight until seven months after Nate Campbell had risen to the top of the lightweight division. But this was no longer 2008 — and this was no longer the 135-pound weight class.

Campbell, one month away from his 41st birthday and at welterweight, was too small and too worn. Bizier, at 28, was too big and too fresh.

While Campbell still had his experience and veteran tactics, Bizier’s size and power proved to be too much. Bizier scored an eighth-round technical knockout over Campbell, who remained on his stool as the ninth-round was to begin, citing a back injury.

Campbell said afterward that a health condition that has bothered him before had flared up in the second round, when he and Bizier “got tangled up, and all the extra weight threw me.” That led him to stop jabbing as much, he said, and he continued to deal with an opponent who had a size advantage over him. [Click Here To Read More]

w/3 days notice, 1 a travel day & the other the weighin, Nate didn't train, just took the $$ & left...he needs2 pack it in.. big size diff but unless he just wants 2 b an opponent & survive, he needs 2 stop taking the shots...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      w/3 days notice, 1 a travel day & the other the weighin, Nate didn't train, just took the $$ & left...he needs2 pack it in.. big size diff but unless he just wants 2 b an opponent & survive, he needs 2 stop taking the shots...
      Nate didn't take the $$ and run.. he stayed in there until the 9th round when he couldn't take it anymore. He should retire, yes, but if he is going to keep fighting stay away from 147, he knew the kid would weigh 160 cuz he's a true welter so don't know why he was complaining about the weight

Comment

this kid was 3 times as big as nate. i'm tired of seeing fights where the opponents are not the same weight. i bet a fighter his size he will fold. his great power was nothing even against a smaller foe.

Comment

Originally posted by theproof View Post
          this kid was 3 times as big as nate. i'm tired of seeing fights where the opponents are not the same weight. i bet a fighter his size he will fold. his great power was nothing even against a smaller foe.
          Yeah that got hard to watch in the 6th 7th and 8th rounds. Nate was getting caught with clean shots, hard ones too. Afterwards in the interview he seemed alright but Bizier was way to big for him and he took the fight on a weeks notice.

Bizier though... a true welterweight could go to war with him. I'm not sure if it was just because he was fighting Nate Campbell, but he did not move on his toes AT ALL. He stood flat-footed the whole time. He threw some hard shots and I liked the way he was ripping away with that left hook, but then we would just stop and stare at Nate after his combos. A good fighter would have blocked those shots with his elbows, countered, and made Bizier pay for keeping his head up there like a pinata.

Malinaggi would boxed circles around him. Maidana, judging but how he looked in his last fight (coached by Garcia) woulda slipped a lot of those punches and hammered Bizer for it. Ortiz could easily move in and out, slug with him, and catch him with something. Bradley could bulldoze him with his head. And ****, Khan woulda torched him with speed if he moved up to 147.

I wanna see Bizier again though. See him fight someone better and see if he moves anymore than he did on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            Yeah that got hard to watch in the 6th 7th and 8th rounds. Nate was getting caught with clean shots, hard ones too. Afterwards in the interview he seemed alright but Bizier was way to big for him and he took the fight on a weeks notice.

Bizier though... a true welterweight could go to war with him. I'm not sure if it was just because he was fighting Nate Campbell, but he did not move on his toes AT ALL. He stood flat-footed the whole time. He threw some hard shots and I liked the way he was ripping away with that left hook, but then we would just stop and stare at Nate after his combos. A good fighter would have blocked those shots with his elbows, countered, and made Bizier pay for keeping his head up there like a pinata.

Malinaggi would boxed circles around him. Maidana, judging but how he looked in his last fight (coached by Garcia) woulda slipped a lot of those punches and hammered Bizer for it. Ortiz could easily move in and out, slug with him, and catch him with something. Bradley could bulldoze him with his head. And ****, Khan woulda torched him with speed if he moved up to 147.

I wanna see Bizier again though. See him fight someone better and see if he moves anymore than he did on Friday.

Malignaggi actually has spared with him loads and he wasn't able to box circles around him at all.

bizier has a very odd size. and Im shocked fnf didn't mention it. he has trex arms. 64 inch reach (that's not a typo)

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
              Malignaggi actually has spared with him loads and he wasn't able to box circles around him at all.

bizier has a very odd size. and Im shocked fnf didn't mention it. he has trex arms. 64 inch reach (that's not a typo)
              Haha those are some T-rex arms, kinda explains why he could rip hard hooks. If he doesn't have long arms then he has to jab and move his head to get in without getting hit. In that fight he didn't move at all.

Jw, but how do you know about Bizier and Malignaggi sparing and the outcome? Seems like a guy with a stiff jab and good lateral movement could take this to school. Seems like you could pivot circles around him with the way he kept his feet planted ready to throw...

Comment

Working...
              X