Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we finally put to rest the myth that the "Dark Lord" Adam Booth is a genius?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we finally put to rest the myth that the "Dark Lord" Adam Booth is a genius?

I've never seen a trainer get as over-hyped as this guy has, based on nothing.

As Larry Merchant said, the great plan for winning this fight was to hope to get lucky and land one knockout punch?

Comment

he is still a good trainer, but i wouldn't say some god like genius like he was hyped up.

Comment

Yes, it can be put to bed. Finally.

Comment

The Brits have a tendency to overhype everything about themselves. From their fighters to their trainers.

Weren't they making a big deal last week about the unbeaten streak of Macklin's trainer?

Comment

Remember that Haye is a two division world champion and that Grooves had to stylistically fight differently against Degale to win, i would say that Booth is a good trainer. Unless your the kind of fan that thinks that if a fighter loses one fight they are a bum. Please tell me who is a "good" trainer..because even if you say Roach he has several loses on his resume.

Comment

Freddie Roach, Emmanuel Steward, and Robert Garcia are all good trainers.

They have proven themselves with different fighters against world class opposition.

Comment

Booth only has Groves against DeGale to point to. And Haye's crappy fights.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-05-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Freddie Roach, Emmanuel Steward, and Robert Garcia are all good trainers.

They have proven themselves with different fighters against world class opposition.
                  The same Robert Garcia who almost let Tony die in the ring?

That guy is probably more hyped than Booth.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
                    The same Robert Garcia who almost let Tony die in the ring?

That guy is probably more hyped than Booth.
                    Garcia trains a gym full of successful fighters. Margarito is Mexican, he'd rather die than quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X