• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help! (sparring video)

I did half a round of sparring today.
    I still suck, big time.

I think my problems are:
    1. VERY poor defence
    2. Not knowing how to attack. My mind goes blank and all i can think of is the one-two.

My headgear was a little loose and there were times after I got hit when i'd try to adjust my headgear but my opponent would lay into me.

Please check the video and give me whatever advice you have, thanks

https://youtu.be/LKfhCsOr-BA

I'm in the black headgear.

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
    I did half a round of sparring today.
    I still suck, big time.

I think my problems are:
    1. VERY poor defence
    2. Not knowing how to attack. My mind goes blank and all i can think of is the one-two.

My headgear was a little loose and there were times after I got hit when i'd try to adjust my headgear but my opponent would lay into me.

Please check the video and give me whatever advice you have, thanks

https://youtu.be/LKfhCsOr-BA

I'm in the black headgear.
    You need to throw stiff Jabs to the body to set up big shots to the head, bend your knees more, move your head, and always keep your back hand on your chin. You really need to work the body esp since your opponent was putting up a high work rate.
    Last edited by Sadiqkingofko; 06-04-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Close the distance using the jab and go to the body with hooks and uppercuts. I use the jab to get in and place my head right under their chin but am careful not to headbutt (**** happens), when there the other guy is in an awkward position so can't really throw power. I don't suggest doing this unless you have the guy close/on the ropes or in a corner or else he can easily side step and drop bombs on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        You need to throw stiff Jabs to the body to set up big shots to the head, bend your knees more, move your head, and always keep your back hand on your chin. You really need to work the body esp since your opponent was putting up a high work rate.
        Thanks a lot, I'll work on that. Especially about keeping my back hand on my chin.

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        Close the distance using the jab and go to the body with hooks and uppercuts. I use the jab to get in and place my head right under their chin but am careful not to headbutt (**** happens), when there the other guy is in an awkward position so can't really throw power. I don't suggest doing this unless you have the guy close/on the ropes or in a corner or else he can easily side step and drop bombs on you.
        OK, thanks! I think my body shots need a lot of work so it's something to practice!

Comment

Working...
        X