No announcement yet.

Can wilder KO top heavies like that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can wilder KO top heavies like that?

Or are the highlight real KO's only going to happen against the breazeale types?

He seemed lost against a guy with somewhat decent footwork in Tyson Fury.

He has yet to beat a prime top heavy

I supposed the nearly 50 year old Ortiz was “top 10” but decades past his prime let’s be honest

The only elite hw wilder has fought is Fury and 99% of people thought he lost

Comment

Styles makes fights Dillian Whyte will be the next highlight KO

Comment

Doubtful, thats not to say he cant stop them but despite what people say here Joshua isnt as wide open as they like to say plus he will have to be mindful of the return fire from AJ. It was an impressive KO for sure but I still think Joshua beats him and most likely by stoppage. Then the only other HW worth talking about right now is Fury and we already saw that fight. Fury will be even sharper I think the next fight and will avoid the bombs in a stinker but wide UD.

Comment

He couldn't hit Fury like that, but Fury is an exceptional case. Not many are as hard to hit.

The question I had going into the fight was whether he could spark out the 250 pound big guys. Question answered emphatically against a guy with a proven chin. If he can hit you flush, he can separate you from your senses.

For me, he remains just a puncher's chance against Fury. Fury never walks into punches like that. As devastating as the knockout was, watch it from Breazeale's perspective - it's amateur hour. How are you going to walk into Wilder, drop your left hand and take one on the chin?

Joshua I think is a coin toss. He's a much better mover than Breazeale (the robot stuff on here is from people who haven't watched him or have a strong bias). But he's nowhere near Fury's level of movement.

Joshua can be hit. He's not dumb enough to walk onto right hands but he can definitely be hit.

I reckon we would be lucky to see three rounds of Joshua v Wilder. One way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Or are the highlight real KO's only going to happen against the breazeale types?

Tyson Fury already answered that question. So yes.

https://youtu.be/q2Q08BIXc_U

Comment

i was told stiverne was a top heavy at the time so he must be thought of as one

Comment

To be fair, he very nearly stopped Fury, which is a lot more than Wlad could do.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

He came within a second of KOing Fury and would have finished him if the ref had not give Fury so much recovery time with all the walk this way tests. Breazeale is a top ten heavyweight who went 7 rounds with AJ. Wilder can flatten anyone if he lands clean with a good straight right. He has developed into a great puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He came within a second of KOing Fury and would have finished him if the ref had not give Fury so much recovery time with all the walk this way tests. Breazeale is a top ten heavyweight who went 7 rounds with AJ. Wilder can flatten anyone if he lands clean with a good straight right. He has developed into a great puncher.
                    So standard procedures of checking if a fighter can continue is giving them extra time? How about you mention all the extra time that the ref gave Wilder after Ortiz rocked him. He had a full minute after the round,plus 20-30 seconds to see if he was okay. How about you also mention how after Wilder "almost finished him" fury came back,stunned Wilder,and won the rest of the round. Wilder is a one handed fighter,and fury at 60% showed just how one dimensional he is by making him miss like an idiot time after time. And in shape fury pitches a shutout against Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                    X