No announcement yet.

AJ vs Ruiz II Venue...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ruiz also signed off on the allowing AJ & Hearn to pick the venue, right?
    Not according to reports from reliable journalists, he signed off on a contract given Team AJ the rights to most of the things stipulated in the first fights contract. It’s up to Team AJ to enforce those or they can play nice and accommodate him.

Comment

Here is another report. I have no idea if it is accurate or not.

"On Friday, it was announced that a rematch had been scheduled to take place on December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia after investors stumped up a reported £33million site fee to make the bout happen.
      However, reports suggest Ruiz wants more than the £7.5m he initially agreed to.
      According to The Athletic, the 29-year-old ‘isn’t expected to sign off on the rematch in Saudi Arabia unless he’s guaranteed a significantly higher purse’.
      Before wrangling the WBA, WBO and IBF world titles from Joshua in their Madison Square Garden bout, Ruiz agreed to a rematch clause which means he could take home half of what the challenger does."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-saudi-arabia/

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
        All this AJ vs Ruiz II venue saga, got me thinking... Isnt all this just smoke and mirrors just for them to finally say.

"OK, it was always in Vegas". LOL

What do you think?
        https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...7-saudi-arabia

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Here is another report. I have no idea if it is accurate or not.

"On Friday, it was announced that a rematch had been scheduled to take place on December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia after investors stumped up a reported £33million site fee to make the bout happen.
          However, reports suggest Ruiz wants more than the £7.5m he initially agreed to.
          According to The Athletic, the 29-year-old ‘isn’t expected to sign off on the rematch in Saudi Arabia unless he’s guaranteed a significantly higher purse’.
          Before wrangling the WBA, WBO and IBF world titles from Joshua in their Madison Square Garden bout, Ruiz agreed to a rematch clause which means he could take home half of what the challenger does."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-saudi-arabia/
          Not sure where talksport got that quotes from in the athletic report, if you click on it, it goes directly to Mike coppinger quoting 9m, as per his contract. And most reliable reporter have quoted that same amount.

So not sure where talksport got the half of what the challenger gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Not according to reports from reliable journalists, he signed off on a contract given Team AJ the rights to most of the things stipulated in the first fights contract. It’s up to Team AJ to enforce those or they can play nice and accommodate him.
            This is the very first I've heard that AJ & Hearn didn't get to pick the venue. It the exact opposite of everything I've heard from journalist like Mannix, Coppinger, Rafael, Kim. And even non journalist like Eddie Hearn.

Who are these reliable journalist saying different from the journalist I've mentioned above and Eddie Hearn?

Comment

This is the very first I've heard that AJ & Hearn didn't get to pick the venue. It the exact opposite of everything I've heard from journalist like Mannix, Coppinger, Rafael, Kim. And even non journalist like Eddie Hearn.

Who are these reliable journalist saying different from the journalist I've mentioned above and Eddie Hearn?
              Ruiz signed a contract that given Team Joshua the rights as stipulated in that contract, this has been reported by reliable Journalists. Mannix, coppinger as you named above. If Team Joshua wants to accommodate Team Ruiz’s request or worries then that’s up to them.

Comment

This was not a sky sport fight announcement. You know the difference between announcing a fight that you are involved with and reporting a fight? They were reporting a fight that both fighters put out in tweets... Nice try doe.
                But it’s an example of Sky announcing something that wasn’t confirmed.

Sky are extremely political, you’re extremely naive if you believe otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...er-22-april-13

That one good enough for you?

Comment

Ruiz signed a contract that given Team Joshua the rights as stipulated in that contract, this has been reported by reliable Journalists. Mannix, coppinger as you named above. If Team Joshua wants to accommodate Team Ruiz’s request or worries then that’s up to them.
                  These reported, including Hearn, that AJ & Hearn have final say on date, location, venue. Who sure these reliable journalist who have said different from below?

Mannix:

For weeks, Hearn has suggested the U.K. was the leading candidate to host the rematch. Ruiz has publicly stated he had no interest in fighting on Joshua’s home turf., but per terms of the original contract, Ruiz has no say in where the fight would take place.
                  https://amp.si.com/boxing/2019/08/08...-saudi-arabia?

Coppinger:

Ruiz’s bout agreement with Joshua included a rematch clause that hands the former champion power in deciding much of the terms for an encore encounter in the event Ruiz pulled off the upset. That includes a seven-figure purse for Ruiz that approaches $10 million, industry sources tell*The Athletic. The contract also stipulates that Joshua, along with promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, will decide the location and date of the fight.
                  https://theathletic.com/1044431/2019...-it-look-like/

When Ruiz said he wants the fight in NY, LA, or Mexico, here is Hearn knocking down that idea and telling Coppinger Ruiz has to follow the rematch clause

Can you point me to your reputable journalist saying different?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    But it’s an example of Sky announcing something that wasn’t confirmed.

Sky are extremely political, you’re extremely naive if you believe otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...er-22-april-13

That one good enough for you?
                    If Hearn tells sky the fight is happening Dec 7 th they're going to report it just like they report everything Hearn tells them. That guy is crazy.

Comment

If Hearn tells sky the fight is happening Dec 7 th they're going to report it just like they report everything Hearn tells them. That guy is crazy.
                      They always prop up Matchroom’s agenda.

As I said they’re extremely political.

Just look at how long it took them to report the Whyte story...

Comment

Working...
                      X