Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Agrees: There is Argument Wilder is Hardest Puncher Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is on the best PEDs ever

Comment

Arum is a shot ****** at this point. Not sure why anyone interviews him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by byfbnz View Post
        what about the shot ruiz walked through from joshua in the 3rd? that was a devastating punch
        And what about the two bombs (right followed by a left hook) that put Fury into Zombie land....but he got up!

And what about the knockdown Joshua suffered by Wlad....and he got up!

And the beating that Wilder took from Ortiz in their first fight...and he didn't go down!

Fury, Ruiz, Wilder and Joshua all have very good chins.

Comment

Shame we will never have a hard puncher tournament. Let the last hardest puncher stand alone.

Comment

Its crazy because outside of his powerful punch there really isn't that much to his game, and as fights progress he's showing less and less because he knows he will land at some point.

Comment

Wilder is not the hardest hitter ever. Why should he be? Because he put Szpilka to sleep? Chisora also did. Is Chisora the hardest hitter ever?

Just stop with this myths about Wilder, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                Is he? Or is this just the softest era? Who even has a chin in the HW division anymore?
                He avoids anybody good so we'll never know.
                People who have fought both say that both Joshua and Wilder hit very hard, Joshua hits like a sledgehammer whereas Wilder is more like getting hit by a sniper.

I think Wilder's unconventional style and wild haymakers help as it's difficult to see where the next punch is coming from.
                If you don't see it coming it does twice the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  And what about the two bombs (right followed by a left hook) that put Fury into Zombie land....but he got up!

And what about the knockdown Joshua suffered by Wlad....and he got up!

And the beating that Wilder took from Ortiz in their first fight...and he didn't go down!

Fury, Ruiz, Wilder and Joshua all have very good chins.
                  Agreed, but I'm convinced that most of the people here have never watched a boxing match, it's not about facts, it's about cheering for your team and trash talking everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                    Time has a funny way of doing things. I watched Tyson when he was a teenager coming all they way up and I can tell you outside the top 5 in any era isn’t as dreamy as you believe them to be. The competition is just the same.

FACTS! Who were the top 5 in Wladamir's era ?

Lewis' era

Holyfield's era

Bowe's ?

Tyson's ?

Holmes, Ali......

You really brought something to my attention here. I have never thought of it that way before.

Just because Frank Bruno, Oliver McCall, or Hasim Rahman won a title doesn't mean they are some all time great fighters adding more depth to the division. Just because Ortiz has not won one does not mean that he is somehow trash. At heavyweight there are the top 3-5 guys, then there's everyone else. Atany weight, those outside guys can give the top 3-5 guys hell, in any era. That's why they fight the fights.

Comment

Ugh, here we go once again.

Dudes who can't tell the difference between talking about a physical characteristic and skill.

Just because Wilder doesn't have a lot of skill doesn't mean he doesn't have power.

Who he's knocking out is completely irrelevant, because that has nothing to do with his power.

Power is completely objective, like if I punch a wall and put a hole through it.

You have to look at the destruction the punches do to somebody's body to tell how powerful somebody is, like that punch that knocked all of the sweat off of Luis Ortiz's head.

It wouldn't matter if it was Luis Ortiz or Anthony Joshua or Floyd Patterson or Sonny Liston. That punch was objectively hard because we can objectively see what the punch did to the object (in this case Ortiz's head).

Now, whether Wilder would be able to beat any of the great fighters is a totally different story, but judging objectively, if he was able to land flush against any human being who's ever existed on earth, they'd be in a world of hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X