No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost in the Shell

8/10. I really liked it. Simple but effective plot (technology making us less human and we've got to fight back!), good action, good acting, Scarlett's nice butt. Yeah I know people gave her grief (cultural misappropriation) for portraying a racially mixed Asian. And yes, people are going to say it copied some Blade Runner but that movie was so singular it effected every sci fi movie since.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Have you seen searching yet? I think it's supposed to be similar to unfriended but I'm yet to see it.
      Watched it. It's pretty good. You know it's the 'that kind of movie' if you know what i mean. Definitely better than Unfriended 1 and 2.

Searching - 7/10

Zombieland: Double Tap - 6.5/10
      Little Monsters - 5.3/10
      Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark - 4/10
      The Pyramid - 6/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
        Watched it. It's pretty good. You know it's the 'that kind of movie' if you know what i mean. Definitely better than Unfriended 1 and 2.

Searching - 7/10

Zombieland: Double Tap - 6.5/10
        Little Monsters - 5.3/10
        Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark - 4/10
        The Pyramid - 6/10
        Nice. Might give it a watch tonight.

Was the Pyramid really above average? I thought it looked good but got horrendous reviews so I didn't bother but may still give it a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Nice. Might give it a watch tonight.

Was the Pyramid really above average? I thought it looked good but got horrendous reviews so I didn't bother but may still give it a shot.
          It's not that bad imo but not better than As Above So Below. There are no totally stupid or outrageous scenes. You may find it a little corny though as it involve the Egyptian Gods. The hot blonde chick help boost my rating and also the dude from The Inbetweeners.

I love horrors that takes place in the underground cave ever since watching The Descent and in the lookout for more. Do tell if you have seen any decent ones. May watch The Tunnel next.

Comment

• Official Secrets 6/10.
            Somehow little suspense and prob. less accuracy.

Comment

• Never Retreat, Never Surrender. Jean-Claude Van Damme's first credited movie part. The wife and I saw it last night at a Mystery Science Theater Live show. Absolutely hilarious...not meant to be of course, but with the MST comments it was great.

2/20 without the comments.
              10/10 with the comments.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Gemini Man (W Smith)
                Smith is an aging hitman for a secret government division. He'd love nothing else but to retire and live out the rest of his life in peace (DON'T THEY ALL ). We all know there is someone who needs him to continue being a hitman at all costs, even if it means killing him and everyone he knows.

Don't worry about the ''plot'' or ''script''. It's all about the action scenes. When Smith goes into making a speech mode, FF.
                6/10

Comment

• The Joker (2019) with Joaquin Pheonix.

Well, I didn't think Heath Ledger's Joker could be topped, but it might have been here.

This is kind of prequel type thing, set just before Batman's parents were murdered. So (15 years before the Batman?)

It charts a social outcast / wannabe comedian - The Joker, through a series of (some public) humiliations; against a background of immense social inequality / systemic failings.

With a palpable revolution brewing by the 'have nots', the Joker's complete breakdown and series of retaliations are given / assumed to have a deeper meaning by the unhappy masses.

I can see why many mainstream media organisations rubbished the film, not on its merits but for the message they feared it might be preaching, after all, much of the film's background context is mirrored today (social / wealth inequality, lack of voice / political representation, lack of opportunity, belief the 'game' is rigged in favour of corrupt capital against the interests of the 'little people').

We live in unhealthy times, and I wonder how many of us wouldn't strike back if placed in that character's (the Joker) life / position...no one can be kicked so often without striking back in some form!

Perhaps a film to see if only because so many vested interests don't want it to be a popular film.

A movie with a deeper message perhaps, but remember, it's only a movie (entertainment). 9/10.
                  Last edited by ecto55; 11-21-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• i watched once upon a time in hollywood last night. sorry to the pundits but that film sucked. i didn't get the point of telling that parallel story of sharon tate, really. crappy film, tarantino becoming a parody of himself with each film

Comment

• Joker - 6/10

It seemed to be missing something. The big turn in the movie/character never happened (for me).

Comment

Working...
                      X