No announcement yet.

Pain in hand when punching heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in hand when punching heavy bag

Im not sure if youve experienced pain in your hand when punching the heavybag.

But is it a sign youve injured your hand, and should stop? I was windmilling away at the bag the other day and suddenly felt pain in my right hand. I continued to punch the bag being a bit more careful and hit a bit lighter and eventually the pain went away. I was real tired and wasnt punching the bag as hard as well, so maybe that is a reason the pain went.

But what im saying is it OK to punch through the pain sometimes and i wont be doing harm will i? I did hurt my hand hitting a fairground how hard can you punch machine about 10 years ago so my right hand is still a bit dodgy from all those years back i suppose.

You might want to try Dit da Jow on your hands. I used the heavy bag often but did not train in boxing. I trained in Karate,Iron Palm, and Judo.

Comment

Never thought of applying an ointment to my hands before. Not too sure about that really. Bit stinky i fear.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Never thought of applying an ointment to my hands before. Not too sure about that really. Bit stinky i fear.
        Maybe just rest will be enough then. If not you might want to try ointment, does not stink that bad.

Comment

But is it a sign youve injured your hand, and should stop? I was windmilling away at the bag the other day and suddenly felt pain in my right hand. I continued to punch the bag being a bit more careful and hit a bit lighter and eventually the pain went away. I was real tired and wasnt punching the bag as hard as well, so maybe that is a reason the pain went.

But what im saying is it OK to punch through the pain sometimes and i wont be doing harm will i? I did hurt my hand hitting a fairground how hard can you punch machine about 10 years ago so my right hand is still a bit dodgy from all those years back i suppose.

hand or wrist? really i wouldnt recommend continuing in either case but with a hurt wrist i really really wouldnt reccomend continuing. some times ill roll my wrist on the bag i find that if i just stop hitting the bag and shadow box instead after ive hurt my wrist my wrist is usually fine by the next day but though before i started stopping id just continue and punch through the pain which usually resulted in a week off from the bag if not more.

just stop hitting the bag and do something else if you hurt your arm.

Comment

I injured my right wrist on the bag like 2 years ago, i kept trying to train even though it was painfull when i connected hard.

Went to my sports doctor and he told me to not hit the bag for 4 to 6 months. I stopped for 6 months and it did the trick. I was hard cause i really enjoy hitting the bag but i focused on other training methods.

I really suggest giving it time to heal cause if you keep hitting the bag with it, it won't go away and it might even get worst.

Comment

Painless

Wow now i know regarding in this i am doing this sports and I'm so thankful to have this idea.I love the pain when i punch,it hesitate to and challenge to bring my opponents down.

Comment

Painless

Wow now i know regarding in this i am doing this sports and I'm so thankful to have this idea.I love the pain when i punch,it hesitate to and challenge to bring my opponents down.

Comment

What handwraps and gloves are you using?

Comment

you should tape your hands properly and have proper fitting gloves also do not swing with wild haymakers you will indeed hurt your hand,how are your wrist?i suggest you start from scratch and work combos while shadow boxing for a couple of weeks then you will be ready to hit the bag

Comment

Working...
                    X