Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit does Lewis get for his win over Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did what he had to do and he did it in a brutal fashion. Tyson was just one of them fighters he had to face otherwise you would have ******s saying he ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      Good name on a resume but he was long done. He got ko'dy Danny Williams and that Irish guy a year later for crying out loud.
      Pretty much. I actually ordered the Tyson vs. Williams PPV hoping that Tyson could go out with a win. How disappointed I was. I couldn't be upset for long, it was the great Danny Williams that he fell to.

It really isn't that great of a win for Lewis. Good name for his resume but Tyson was pretty much done by the time they fought. He sure did hype the fight though.

Comment

Not very good win.

It was more or less for the money from Tyson at that point. Lennox got too much credit for the win against ghost version of Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
          He did what he had to do and he did it in a brutal fashion. Tyson was just one of them fighters he had to face otherwise you would have ******s saying he ducked him.
          This. I mean it made a lot of money as well but its one of those fights that had to happen. especially after Tyson KOed Golota in one round which made him look way better than he was because of Golotas mental issues with freezing up. If they never fought there would still be some dumbasses talking about how Tyson would have beat Lewis anytime in the late 90s to early 2000s.

The general public thought tyson could win but everyone serious into boxing knew he didnt have much chance at all and was going to get his ass schooled.

Comment

About as much credit as Danny Greens win over Roy Jones.

As boxing fans we need to stop praising guys for beating shot/done fighters.

That win meant nothing and only a fool would argue other wise.

Comment

Not very much.

Comment

No credit at all, and only a small amount for beating Holyfield.

Comment

Just a win...Tyson was done

Comment

Tyson was done when he went to jail in 92; he went thru the motions from that point on.

Comment

Tyson ducked Lewis for long enough, so Lewis can't be blamed for fighting a shot fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X