No announcement yet.

I am becoming bored with boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am becoming bored with boxing.

After following boxing for so long I am at a point where I find myself bored and uninterested with boxing..

The fights I (as well as others) want to see are not being made. The point of boxing is to entertain the fans who buy the events and what has been going on is not cutting it for me.

Things that turn me off from the sport include, promotional disputes, robberies, so many titles and belts as well as others that don't come to mind.

There is no fight I look forward to anymore and the outcome doesn't matter to me. Just last year every month I was pumped for a fight but not anymore.

Hope things get better in the sport of boxing or I might have to call it quits to our relationship.

Oh and TMT??? Do we need more promotional companies who will just block fights from happening....?.

saludos a todos

Watch football and F1.

I agree, boxing sucks these days.

Comment

Makes me wonder how long you have been watching boxing. You get the fights they give and every once in a while you get the super fight. Any fight can be a barn burner, it don't have to be the top tier of the sport to be entertaining.

I watch as much as I can what ever they are showing. If the top guys would fight each other right away they will be no build up

Comment

Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
        Watch football and F1.

I agree, boxing sucks these days.
        theres too much diving in futbol bro

Comment

Yeah boxing needs more evenly matched wars like Corrales-Castillo, Ward-Gatti etc.

These days, big name fighters just duck and hand-pick fights to improve their stats. There are too many belts in each division; too many "world champions". People need to know who's the real king and the king needs to face quality challengers chosen by the fans who fund the whole damn game.

And the judges need to be constantly monitored and reviewed to try and rid boxing of corruption. **** decisions get fans pissed and make them not want to buy PPV again.

Alot of **** needs sorting, but there's just so much politics in the boxing game, where can we start?...

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
            Yeah boxing needs more evenly matched wars like Corrales-Castillo, Ward-Gatti etc.

These days, big name fighters just duck and hand-pick fights to improve their stats. There are too many belts in each division; too many "world champions". People need to know who's the real king and the king needs to face quality challengers chosen by the fans who fund the whole damn game.

And the judges need to be constantly monitored and reviewed to try and rid boxing of corruption. **** decisions get fans pissed and make them not want to buy PPV again.

Alot of **** needs sorting, but there's just so much politics in the boxing game, where can we start?...
            hell yeah man, I love JCC Jr but even I don't feel inclined to buy his PPV, and I'll probably end up watching it on an HD stream....

if it were a few years ago I'd be proud to buy any boxing PPV... now I'm hesitant to even buy them from my favorite fighters. The sport is definitely heading the wrong direction

Comment

Yep, I know what you mean, carnal. Back then (a couple yrs) **** was more exciting. A couple of nights ago on SHOTIME, they replayed Marquez vs. Vasquez I & II, and I was like "wow"... speechless. Now, motherphuckers don't wanna fight each other 'cause they're afraid to lose or 'cause of feria!

Sucks too, 'cause a lot of my friends and fam are not watching it anymore like we used to... all 'cause of bow**** robberies, or fighters not being respectful (not making weight, catch weights, etc)

JR vs Martinez
              Rios vs. Alvarado
              Cotto vs. TBA
              will probably be the only fights I watch. Not really feeling the rest.... canelo vs. josesito?!?!?! pfft!

Comment

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
                Yep, I know what you mean, carnal. Back then (a couple yrs) **** was more exciting. A couple of nights ago on SHOTIME, they replayed Marquez vs. Vasquez I & II, and I was like "wow"... speechless. Now, motherphuckers don't wanna fight each other 'cause they're afraid to lose or 'cause of feria!

Sucks too, 'cause a lot of my friends and fam are not watching it anymore like we used to... all 'cause of bow**** robberies, or fighters not being respectful (not making weight, catch weights, etc)

JR vs Martinez
                Rios vs. Alvarado
                Cotto vs. TBA
                will probably be the only fights I watch. Not really feeling the rest.... canelo vs. josesito?!?!?! pfft!
                damn i can't believe i missed those! damn you 3 free months of HBO and Showtime on direcTV running out...

Comment

See ya later...

Comment

Boxing nowadays is pretty unexciting but to say you lost interest of it because of such reason is like telling us that you treat boxing as one of those bandwagon sports.

Comment

Working...
                    X