No announcement yet.

Jamie McDonnell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie McDonnell

Burst onto the scene with his upset win over Arnould in his hometown then had a great run with 4 more wins in the next 18 months.

But since his great win over Hall he's just had a easy win over no hoper Pozo. I heard he was moving up to Super Bantam a few months back no no news about an opponent or anything yet.

Who's he promoted by? 26 ain't exactly old but smaller fighters tend to physically break down a little younger so he does need to crack on.

Anyone have any news? A bout against Haskins would be good or move up to join the Quigg, Munroe, Frampton merry go round.

On a (partially) related note, anyone know anything about Peterborough's Michael Maguire? If I remember rightly Adam Booth once said Maguire was the most talented fighter he'd worked with but was too much hassle or something.

I saw his last fight against the tough TaffIraqi (great accent ) in which Maquire started well but seemed to run out of steam (or get pressured) & got decked in the 6th round. That was his first bout in 2 years & he's been out since then (January).

It's funny, as much as some people slag off the Matthew Hattons of this world, while he may not be the most talented he has the balls & determination to get off his arse & make the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      McDonell had awesome fight with Stehpane Jamoye, he's good at European level, but in lower weight classes gap between Euro level and World level is huge, he has no chance whatsoever to get a title in stacked divisions that he's fighting at, his main asset is his height, beside that he's rather average.
      Can't say I disagree, Mate, but it would be nice to see him step it up a level. As you say there's plenty of good fighters around at this weight so his promoter should be able to get one to come over at the right price - to see just how far he can progress.

Comment

True, he seems to be cool dude and could definitely put on some good performances at higher level than he's fighting at now. I believe there was some talks about him goingt to Japan to fight one of champions (Yamanaka, or Koki). I'd like to see him in eliminator against some other top rated fighter.
        Stay away from Japan. Not that they're not honest enough (they seem the best of the lot including Britain & USA) but surely a UK promoter has enough clout to bring a Yonnhy Perez or even a Vic Darchinyan (yes I know he's future hall of fame but he's well on the slide now & would provide the perfect yardstick for McDonnell). A loss to Del Valle & Vic is on the road to Gatekeeper status if he keeps fighting.

Comment

I follow judging in many countries, Japan is the most fair in that regar BY FAR.
          UK can surely bring some older names like Perez or Darchinyan(like them, probably not them. I believe Johnny Perez is retired and Vic is too big draw for that and may be done with bantamweight as well.), but I doubt they will be able to get any of the bantamweight and superbantamweight champions. Moreno and Leo Santa Cruz are with Golden Boy now, don't expect them to travel for guy who's not big draw in his own country. Arce, Yamanaka and Kameda are getting paid much better in their hometown than McDonnell. Then at 122 Donaire is too big to travel, so is Mares and Rigo will fight on big undercards. McDonnell will have to travel somewhere if he wants to get a title, Japan seems to be best choice.
          I wasn't talking title, Mast. I'm just talking a step up against someone outside of Europe. As you said earlier, Europe is several levels below the rest of the world so I'd like to see him fight someone a couple of notches up. And not just go to Japan for a payday in a failed World title shot. Even a bout like Brook Jones - although I know that was mandated.

Comment

I believe Maloney is his promoter.

McDonnell is a good fighter who's recorded some nice wins against the likes of Jayome, Arnould, Hall. He was scheduled to fight someone good but they pulled out and Pozo was the replacement.

The difference between domestic/European level at that weight and World is huge. I think McDonnell will fit in between top Euro and world level with some good wins over experienced operators but ultimately losing those important fights.

Super bantam and lower is never a great area for British boxers but I guarantee we'll have a good champion in the next several years.

Comment

He reminds me of Jim McDonnell (current trainer of DeGale). He was Euro Champ but a level below the top guys - although in his defence he fought two all time greats in Mitchell & Nelson.

I did win money on McDonnell against Finbar though. Even picked the round although I think I just bet on the stoppage. It was fairly common knowledge that Barry's scar tissue wasn't all that at the time.

It just shows how much things have changed though. European level used to mean something but not so much nowadays. A bit like the FA Cup being devalued because of the Champions League.....

Comment

Fights Vusi Maligna on the undercard of Brook's fight.

Comment

What you think mate?

Comment

-Sidekick
                    Have not tried to find your friends - all more than 30 new MMO, forcing you to want desperately to catch up to their level, so that you can join them? Should be a lot of people have tried this experience, but to catch up with others, either by the others to catch up. But with the Sidekick system, which will no longer be a problem. If your friend is 30, he can come back with you upgrade in five districts in five regions of his values ??and equipment will be automatically adjusted to the level of 8, guild wars 2 gold and can use the skills he has learned, he still be able to tell you with his role with the game, but weakened version. More importantly, his experience, money and Karma is still considerable, although not as he returns in the region of the normal 30, but definitely enough to make him willing to come back with his team.This means that no one can rely on the absolute level of intervention of others to enjoy the game advantage in low-level areas gw2 gold. Maintain the relative difficulty also means that all regions and the content will not because the rating becomes apathy, including subsequent expansion is also true.

Comment

Working...
                    X