No announcement yet.

Tyson interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson interview

This is the Tyson everyone should like. Great interview before he gets inducted into the IBHOF on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...cts-hof-career

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    This is the Tyson everyone should like. Great interview before he gets inducted into the IBHOF on Sunday.

The link is corrupt. Post it again.

Comment

It's on the main boxing page on ESPN, not to worry.

Comment

Comment

Not getting anything from that link JAB, is it the interview where he tells how he at 14 told Ali he was gonna get Holmes back for him, i read a long interview yesterday where that was mentioned and it was a great read

Comment

Yup thats the one, great stuff. Good to see Mike enjoying life

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Not getting anything from that link JAB, is it the interview where he tells how he at 14 told Ali he was gonna get Holmes back for him, i read a long interview yesterday where that was mentioned and it was a great read

Try the link on post #4. It may be the same thing you've already read, but I enjoyed it. I've been both critical of Tyson and a fan and I enjoyed reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Yes, same story but extended.

"I'm going in with guys like Stanley Ketchel and Jack Johnson, guys who lived colorful lives," Tyson said. "I wanted to be like them even though they were tragic at the end. But what lives they had. They had interesting lives. I wanted to live like them, like Mickey Walker, Harry Greb. Those guys had no boundaries. That's who I wanted to be. I wanted to be heavyweight champion. I wanted to conquer everyone. I looked at boxing different than most people. It was about destruction and pain and 'nobody can ever stop me.'

"I was offended by how bad he beat up Ali," Tyson said. "When we drove home to Catskill [about an hour from Albany], nobody in the car said a word, we were all so upset. The next morning, Cus was on the phone with Muhammad Ali after taking this shellacking from Holmes. He said to Ali, 'I have this young black kid who is going to be heavyweight champion someday and I want you to talk to him.'"

Tyson got on the phone and said he told Ali, "'When I grow up, I'll fight Holmes and I'll get him back for you.' I was 14 at the time."

When Tyson did meet Holmes seven years later, Ali was a guest at the fight. Tyson said Ali whispered to him beforehand, "Remember what you said -- get him for me."

Comment

In his retirement, I've developed a deep respect for Mike. I just wish people could leave him alone sometimes.

Comment

I like Mike, I truly believe Mike has a good heart deep down. Glad to see he is enjoying life right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X