Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Underrated Fighter Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Underrated Fighter Of All Time?

This should cause a interesting debate..........

Who in your personal opinion is the most underrated boxer of all time?

Just pick one and give reason why...........

Marcel Cerdan

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
      This should cause a interesting debate..........

Who in your personal opinion is the most underrated boxer of all time?

Just pick one and give reason why...........
      Jack Dempsey. As overrated as I've seen him, he's actually quite underrated also. Dempsey is made out a lot of times to be this crude wild man who always went for broke. Truth is though he was an excellent fighter with fast hands and feet and better defense than given credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Jack Dempsey. As overrated as I've seen him, he's actually quite underrated also. Dempsey is made out a lot of times to be this crude wild man who always went for broke. Truth is though he was an excellent fighter with fast hands and feet and better defense than given credit for.
        Pretty interesting that people think that Dempsey is so overrated, he has actually started to become underrated now a days.........

Which seems to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Marcel Cerdan
          Great choice. Cerdan dosent get talked about enough. Argubaly Europes greatest fighter, incredible record and some great wins.

Comment

I may have to go with Vicente Saldivar. Fighter that gets no were near enough credit for his accomplishments. At his peak was near unbeatable, unified the featherweight division and made 7 defences and retired champion.

Retired in 1967 with a record of 34-1 with that loss coming by way of DQ. The other 2 losses were in his comeback when he was past his best.

Comment

Riddick Bowe. A decision win, a close split decision loss and a stoppage win over prime early to mid 90s Evander Holyfield is bloody impressive.

Yet he rarely makes most folk's heavyweight top 20.

Comment

Sumbu Kalambay

Wins over Steve Collins,Mike McCallum,De Witt,Bomber Graham 2x,Iran Barkley,Robbie Sims.

He is one of the slickest technicians you will ever see, infact imo he is more undervalued than Mike McCallum.

Comment

Joe Brown.

Comment

Dwight Muhammad Qawi.

At only 5'6, he became both a light heavyweight champion and cruiserweight champion. Some his notable victories are against the likes of Matthew Saad Muhammad, Leon Spinks and Mike Rossman.

He lost most of his others biggest fights but they were to arguably ATG fighters. One of them being to Michael Spinks who was a great light heavyweight. Others being to Evander Holyfield and George Foreman when he, in my opinion, was past his best and just plain overweight.

I think he would've been a top dog in the light heavyweight division today. Matter of fact, maybe even in the middleweight or super middleweight division, considering now there's before day weigh-ins and back then there wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X