Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berto considering a move down to 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should stay at 147, the winner of the 140 tournament will outgrow 140 soon anyway as they are all young guys (Bradley,Alexander,Khan,Maidana).

Berto can be at 147 and welcome them into the division, no need for him to hurt himself trying to make weight. Judah? fine I'd love to see him at 140, he's a small guy, Berto? He looks like a full fledged Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      put him in there against Maidana
      That would certainly be interesting. Berto has some firepower, but he's shown his weakness against a decent boxer like Collazo. And I think he gets hit too much to last against someone like Maidana. But I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus Jr View Post
      When Berto was asked if he wants to fight Williams he said yes. Dibella said no.
      Too bad if that's the case. Promoters have screwed up many a fighters' careers over the years. Though in this case probably a smart move.

How about Berto, Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Khan and Judah for a super 6 tourney?

Comment

Paul Williams vs. Timothy Bradley. They'll be the two best fighters at 147 after everybody moves out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

run berto run!!!
          He probably just heard that Williams is coming back down to 147 and Margarito is as well and decided that discretion is the better part of valor.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
            Gil (NYC)

Any news on Berto? Or is he hoping the Pac Mayweather falls threw ?

Dan Rafael
            (1:00 PM)

I am told he is considering a move down to 140.

Interesting....

well if berto wants to fight 140 lbers, he should atleast fight them at 140 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Yeah Berto is tailor made for PWill. And Paul needs a title to have some negotiating room for Mayweather or Pac. Doubtful that Zaveck will fight him.

Maybe he can fight for Berto's vacated title.

I am starting to lose respect for Berto though. First the Collazo rematch, then Mosley, now Williams. Looks like he's trying way to hard to protect that 0.
              First of all, Collazo was offered a rematch. Collazo demanded too much and that was that. Collazo then had a chance to become Berto's mandatory by fighting Adyin June 5th. He signed to fight, but he skipped outta that. That's not Berto's fault. He tried to fight Mosley in early 2009, but Mosley declined. He kept tring to get the fight and it was signed in the fall. It's pretty obvious why he pulled out of the Jan 31 date. And Dibella wouldn't match Williams and Berto so I don't see where your going with that either.

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
                Not a good idea... those boys are on there way up anyway he needs to just fight the closest available WBC contender and then go for those guys next year at WW.
                Agreed!! 2 years both Bradley/Alexander will be Welterweights

Comment

He would be drained imo

Comment

Another HBO coward bitching out of real fights.

What a shock.

**** Berto. **** Haymon. And **** Mayweather.

Cowards.

Comment

All those guys will be moving up soon enough. Berto should let them come to him at welter. Cutting 7 pounds and facing Alexander or Maidana is a real career killer. Honestly, I really can't picture this happening. Just too stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X