No announcement yet.

Composure when under fire...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composure when under fire...

What fighters are the best at staying composed when hurt?

Marquez even when seriously hurt always stays composed and controlled & that is what is makes him so dangerous. Everytime he seemingly looks on his way out he is able to produce sheer brilliance, time and time again.
    My favourite example actually was against Katsidis, that left hook was incredible and some how he got up & recovered (I think he deserves massive props on that as that shot was timed perfectly) & he whooped the sheeet out of Katsidis.

I see many fighters who get hurt and they react horribly, Cotto is a good example of this IMO
    Amir Khan being another.

What other current fighters are best at staying composed?

I think Wladimir Klitschko is a lot better at staying composed than he was, he does exactly what he was taught, grabs hold of their arms so they can't follow up and leans on them until the referee breaks it up and his heads clear.

I never get tired of watching this, one of the best fights I've seen live tbh
    IMO a modern day classic, criminally underrated and a sensational performance from both guys.

Comment

Yes, Marquez is always one to come back from knockdowns

before that fight, I had a feeling Katsidis was going to land that hook and BOOM! it happened. The crazy thing is that Marquez never ties up, instead hes willing to trade and at times makes his opponents miss when they feel they are going to take him out.

Love that fight!

Comment

there should be a statue of jmm in all countries in latin america

Comment

I was really impressed by Floyd Mayweather's composure after being hurt by Mosley. He had the whole crowed ecstatic when they thought he was going to go down but he never caved, he simply adjusted.

Manny Pacquiao is another guy who keeps his composure when hurt. And I know it's funny to bring this up after being KO'd but we've seen him hurt MANY times and come back to win fights handily.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            IMO a modern day classic, criminally underrated and a sensational performance from both guys.

@ 1:41 I remember being on my feet

by the end of the round he was landing 10 punch combos. I'm not surprised though he's been down around 12 times in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

those combos are beautiful

Comment

I remember these fights. Marquez and Pacquiao were going back and forth with wins, in my head at least. Marquez was going to war with dudes at 135 while Pacquiao was beating dudes up at 147. This was a great fight, though. Marquez beat this dude up bad, though.

Comment

Marquez is just too fuking cool ....I like that dude alot man!!...I always wonder if he had went in the ring with a height, reach and weight advantage against Floyd what would've been the outcome?!?....dudes say size didn't matter but I thought thats the reason there's weight classes...Cotto's size and jab kept him in the game against Floyd....imagine what a fighter like Marquez could've done with enough size against Floyd.....hmmmmmm

Comment

I'd like to add Larry Holmes to the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X