No announcement yet.

I just rewatched Vazquez vs Arce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just rewatched Vazquez vs Arce

I don't understand why people were calling vazquez a bum and a nobody just because of this loss..

vazquez was dominating an experienced veteran with his boxing skill for almost the entire fight. He just fought stupid and got caught up in a brawl and then his dad stopped the fight- even though he was still in the fight (vazquez has a tremendous chin).

My point is, vazquez jr is an extremely talented boxer and is definately way above average and proved in the beginning of the fight against arce that he belonged on the elite level skill wise...

and he could barely win a single round against donaire.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM.

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    I don't understand why people were calling vazquez a bum and a nobody just because of this loss..

vazquez was dominating an experienced veteran with his boxing skill for almost the entire fight. He just fought stupid and got caught up in a brawl and then his dad stopped the fight- even though he was still in the fight (vazquez has a tremendous chin).

My point is, vazquez jr is an extremely talented boxer and is definately way above average and proved in the beginning of the fight against arce that he belonged on the elite level... and he could barely win a single round against donaire.
    Not the elite level, but an average world class fighter (which is to say, better than most boxers that go pro).

Comment

Because if you lose, everyone here will call you a bum or something... or at least to justify what they're feeling.

Comment

Vazquez was even on the scorecards with Arce entering the last round, and with the last round going to Arce he was going to loose anyway on the scorecards.

Comment

Arce was getting the better of him the entire fight. To say Vazquez was dominating him is ridiculous.

Comment

I never got to see the Arce-Vazquez fight but I was impressed to some degree with him in his fight with Donaire. he showed a lot of heart and imo got the better of donaire on some occasions with his jab. i actually would like to watch vazquez fight again, he's nothing special but does posses some talent.

Comment

Going in to the 12th one judge had it 107-102 Arce the other two had it tied....Vazquez was losing a decision if he had survived.

And the two judges who had it tied were EXTREMELY generous to Vazquez.

Comment

I meant because I had him winning almost all the early rounds before he started fighting with his pride and got drawn into a brawl.

And arce just won his fight by knockout. That doesn't sound like a shot fighter to me.

Comment

considering the fact that he actually started training in his early 20's he is a pretty solid fighter. If he had started training as a kid he would be a different caliber of boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    I meant because I had him winning almost all the early rounds before he started fighting with his pride and got drawn into a brawl.

And arce just won his fight by knockout. That doesn't sound like a shot fighter to me.
                    your my good sir are a moron. They where fighting on even terms even though arce had all the cards staked against him and arce was still winning despite getting knocked down. Vazquez has beaten no one of world class talent and will loose to guys like nishioka rigo donaire

Comment

Working...
                    X