Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I enjoyed the most about Khan-Peterson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like people like in-fighting when it suits the fighter they prefer. I spent a long time disliking American refereeing for breaking fighters up too fast, in particular to certain British fighters, but now we produce a boxer and this happens, when the other fighters main strength is infighting...i think you should be able to see why we are pissed off.

Comment

Some American referees allow infighting when it's the American fighter's style, but at the same time they don't permit foreign fighters to do it.

Watch Joe Cortez in Hatton-Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
        What I enjoyed most was seeing the points taken away and looking at Golden Boys faces lol. I really enjoyed the fight.
        I can't lie, I got a laugh out of that too. You don't often see the referees go against the grain.

If nothing else, at least this ref was CONSISTENT with his awfulness.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella_Man View Post
          Some American referees allow infighting when it's the American fighter's style, but at the same time they don't permit foreign fighters to do it.

Slippery slope there- Hatton's in-fighting always involved a lot of mauling, grappling and holding. When I think traditional in-fighting, I think of Corrales/Castillo 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
            Slippery slope there- Hatton's in-fighting always involved a lot of mauling, grappling and holding. When I think traditional in-fighting, I think of Corrales/Castillo 1.

That fight was D' All Time Great for me.............

Comment

Originally posted by carlos djackal View Post
              That fight was D' All Time Great for me.............
              Mano a mano, shoulder-to-shoulder. Incredible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
                What I enjoyed most was seeing the points taken away and looking at Golden Boys faces lol. I really enjoyed the fight.
                Thats the look of someone who just lost millions of dollars.

I thought the fight was good, I didn't agree with the second point deduction, the first I fealt was weird but ok.

KHan had some help against maidana, however, I fealt that Maidana didn't beat Amir because of that vicious liver shot he took early in the fight. A shot that would have KO'd 99% of fighters.

A shot like that has you F'ed up for a few days, but Maidana nearly KO'd Khan.

However I easily give Khan the win on the Marcos fight... I think he beat peterson too, but definately good show from peterson, if he had power khan would have been on the floor.

113-112 Khan (my score) - Peterson could have won it easy if he kept his mid rally going.

Comment

Honestly this **** is hilarious for a couple reasons.

First off Khan complaining about "fighting 2 guys at once". He didn't seem to think it was a big deal when he and Cortez tag teamed Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas to the delight of GBP.

Secondly, there was no dirtiness about Peterson's inside fighting. This wasn't Ricky 'atton in there. Peterson did what he had to do to win the fight. Just like Amir did what he had to do which amounted to all out running, pushing, repeated holding with the occasional Mayweather forearm shiver followed by a sneaky right hand.

In boxing, contrary to what some believe, when your opponent goes to the ropes and covers up and does not move the wise reaction is not to take a step back and take a break. When Amir was up on the ropes Peterson did what any fighter in the world would do, and he was very effective with it. Khan couldn't run for 12 rounds straight taking body shots the way he did tonight. Peterson fought a smart fight and slowed Khan down often enough to do the work he needed inside. The ref did a perfect job when it came to breaking the fighters. If he would have deprived Peterson the chances he earned when he got on the inside that would have been as disgraceful as the point deductions and everyone would have called him a homer for Khan.

Comment

yeah, made the whole fight.
                    Last edited by DE100; 12-11-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella_Man View Post

didn't cortez do the same in the khan madina fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X