No announcement yet.

David Kotei vs Danny Lopez 1 highlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Kotei vs Danny Lopez 1 highlights

I've looked for this fight multiple times for some yrs with no luck at all. Was surprised to come across this while going through a different search at the British Pathe website.
    https://www.britishpathe.com/video/V...-BOXING-TITLE/

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
    I've looked for this fight multiple times for some yrs with no luck at all. Was surprised to come across this while going through a different search at the British Pathe website.
    Wow, haven't seen this in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Wow, haven't seen this in ages.
      Ok, if I remember correctly, you'd mentioned seeing this fight in another thread I may've started a month or two back. If not you, then, whoever it was is why I shared

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
        - -WoW!!!

That's 2:29 more footage than I've ever seen for this fight.

Always assumed it was destroyed or dissipated in the jungle heat and humidity.

Danny may we have notched the most impressive overseas challenge in American history. The body language of the African leaders says it all when combined with the cries of joy from the African people everytime Danny knocked Kotey silly, and Kotey was a very good fighter.

By golly, they came to watch a fight and lil Red gave it to them.
        Mucho mas gracias!!!
        Last edited by QueensburyRules; 11-09-2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          I read somewhere that some boxing historian was recording the fight and as Kotey was taking a beating, He was forced to stop recording.
          Maybe just a rumour someone made up.
          I can imagine younger generations, primarily those who don't know, or are truly unaware of just how significantly the internet era has changed life, reading and thinking someone being able to do what you mention being absurd, and yeah it sounds like it should be, but 40 years ago, in a third world nation that may or may not have been run under a dictatorship...the possibility for getting away with absurdities tremendously goes sky high. I've always thought it was an unknown mixture of very ballsy and stupidity the trend at that time for holding these big title fights in the locales they were staged. Here, at least Kotei was from the place (60,000* showed up is massively impressive) but the other superfights of the era being held kinda willy-nilly, crazy risky and they didn't always work out as nicely as promised to all involved when time to go home. Anyhoo, crazy theory that the crazy times could've actually made true

*Dunno why I wrote 60,000 as the number usually given is 122,000. To administer the beating he laid on Kotey in front his hometown crowd, with that many supporters there, in a day and age where no one would know if that was dangerous or not.
          Last edited by Mario040481; 11-13-2019, 01:42 AM. Reason: Stickler for the facts, man

Comment

Working...
          X