No announcement yet.

where does the peak tyson fit in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does the peak tyson fit in

at a boxers peak do you think there are many that could of beaten iron mike in 86/88 i dont think so i think
    prehaps ali and foreman but i dont think that anyone else in history agaist a peak tyson would have won

what are your views

i think sayng mercer culd beat him is Quite an insuly actuli and i think he could beat ne version of holyfeild when he was at his peak he didnt need to ashow he could get out of adversity because he never had ne due to being so good

Comment

I think that a prime Tyson is the fourth best fighter of the last 15 years, behind Lewis, Holyfield, and Riddick Bowe. Any of those three fighters could have beaten him in his prime.

Comment

I would rate Tyson the 10th or 11th greatest heavyweight of all time.

Comment

You know what is funny about Tyson fans?The excuses they make.Holyfield was washed up when he fought Tyson.That is the only reason Tyson fought him.Tyson was 30 he was still in his physical prime and Holyfield destroyed him.I agree with you Mckay so many fighters would beat Tyson.And top level heavyweight who didnt have a glass chin and fell for the Tyson hype crap would knock Tyson out.Tyson a top 10 heavyweight?Hell no i can name at least 10 fighters in just the last 15 or so years who would own him.Tyson at his peak was just a guy who padded his record against bums.Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

however he fought any challenger at the time and although he was in peak physical state vs holy, his mind was totally f**ked up as we all know from the second fight the peak tysonwas the man who took berbicks legs away, the man hu took larry holmes 15 rounds and Koed michal spinks in 1 hu beast larry although i do think larry won that fight

Comment

Originally posted by oakleyno1
              i think sayng mercer culd beat him is Quite an insuly actuli and i think he could beat ne version of holyfeild when he was at his peak he didnt need to ashow he could get out of adversity because he never had ne due to being so good

to bad we will never know, they fought twice and "iron mike" got the living **** beat out of him each time.

tyson is overrated, hes top ten all time, but not number one

Comment

overall career top 10
                at his peak id say top 3

Comment

overall career top 10
                  at his peak id say top 3
                  nice pic of tyson o your avatar, his bicep is beautiful. at his prime 86-88 maybe top 5 he had the potencial to be nr1 after rooney hmm no idea maybe 50?

Comment

at a boxers peak do you think there are many that could of beaten iron mike in 86/88 i dont think so i think
                    prehaps ali and foreman but i dont think that anyone else in history agaist a peak tyson would have won

what are your views
                    Well, I'll just list the first ten boxers that come to my mind and would've beaten the peak Tyson at their respective prime soundly:

Foreman
                    Jimmy Young
                    Joe Louis
                    Gene Tunney
                    Holyfield
                    Ali
                    Holmes
                    Lennox Lewis
                    Sonny Liston
                    George Chuvalo
                    Marciano
                    Max Schmeling
                    Riddick Bowe

I'll just stop here, if someone wants me too I can name some more. Tyson isn't listed in my Top 20 HW and that's for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X