• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Simpson ROBBED!!!!!

what bull**** was this...

John Simpson was fukin robbbed...

Derry Mathews should have been DQ'd

who the fuk do u lose 2 point deductions and a knock down..

Originally posted by RETIRED View Post
    what bull**** was this...

John Simpson was fukin robbbed...

Derry Mathews should have been DQ'd

who the fuk do u lose 2 point deductions and a knock down..
    Lol, weve got this going in 3 threads now. I had simpson winning aswell. 1 of the judges had 118-112, which is impossible after a KD and 2 point deductions

Comment

That result was a joke, the judge who gave it 118-112 should be sacked. I was actually rooting for Matthews but by the end of the fight i was praying for a simpson win. Matthews dhould have been DQ about 3 times overall. But after all that how can the judges give him the fight when he landed about 3 punches each round max, complete and utter joke!

Comment

Yes, that was one of the worst contests I've ever seen. Funny how they built Derry Matthews up as if he was great and then he put in a performance like that. What had me in stitches was the fact he butted his opponent to cause the cut, then they were making out like John Simpson would lose by TKO if the fight was stopped on the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
          That result was a joke, the judge who gave it 118-112 should be sacked. I was actually rooting for Matthews but by the end of the fight i was praying for a simpson win. Matthews dhould have been DQ about 3 times overall. But after all that how can the judges give him the fight when he landed about 3 punches each round max, complete and utter joke!
          Its impossible for it to have been 118-112. Simpson was well and truly robbed

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
            Yes, that was one of the worst contests I've ever seen. Funny how they built Derry Matthews up as if he was great and then he put in a performance like that. What had me in stitches was the fact he butted his opponent to cause the cut, then they were making out like John Simpson would lose by TKO if the fight was stopped on the cut.
            Yeah what was that all about, john and Duke need to check the rules. ITV were all over Matthews all night, feel gutted for Simpson.

Comment

strange fight,judges are going off that cut

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                Its impossible for it to have been 118-112. Simpson was well and truly robbed
                Yeah, im not the best at maths but even i can see if you get knocked down and 2 points deducted 117 is the highest score you can get, what a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                  strange fight,judges are going off that cut
                  But with Simpson clearly winning the first round, a knock down, and Matthews having 2 points taken off him,theres no way matthews could get 118, And the cut was from Matthews butting him. Its not as if he opened it up with a punch.

some judges need ****ing shooting

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                    Yeah, im not the best at maths but even i can see if you get knocked down and 2 points deducted 117 is the highest score you can get, what a disgrace.
                    116 even? max = 120 - 2 points deducted, - 2 points for the kd.

to be honest, the whole itv boxing show pissed me off last night.

ok the mbaye fight was alright but i thought his opponent was unlucky.

the mitchell fight was pointless...it was just a training exercise for mitchell on hitting moving targets with "the master" barely throwing anything back.

paul smith was involved in a pointless fight in three weeks before he should be appearing in the contender fights in Newcastle.

but the matthews simpson fight just took the piss completely. i don't remember him being so dirty when he won the title and i think the only reason he didn't get DQ'd was the ref wanted to leave liverpool with all limbs attached. the way he was putting simpson in a headlock and punching at the cut, and the time he scraped his elbow across the cut as they were coming out of the clinch was just sickening.

i scored it 114-113 to simpson. ****in disgraceful hometown decision.

derry will be nothing more than a wbu champ which is worth less than the british championship anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X