Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excessive use of police force or getting what they deserved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Excessive use of police force or getting what they deserved?

This incident happened at a festival in my home city the past weekend. Its on the news cause people are claiming the police used excessive force but a lot of people (me included) think these dudes just got what was coming to them. I don't go to most of these types of festivals cause of stuff like this and these types of guys usually starting ****.

What do you guys think?

Tough one too call IMO, the guy seemingly didn't do anything wrong. I think the copper was the one in the wrong but he blew any chance of anything by reacting and struggling/resisting arrest.

Comment

Cop was mad because that guy was holding him off with one hand, he was embarrassed by that.

The choke hold is illegal though, cops can't put you in that because they have killed people before.

Comment

idiots (the first guy was clearly on drugs. he could not stay still)

bad police work, too.

Comment

Yea def bad police work apparently theres only 8 uniformed cops hired to run security for the whole fest so they are out numbered badly. I'd hate to be in their position, I'm siding with the cops cause that one guy shoulda just kept it moving and not pointed his finger in the cops face he woulda been still chilling. IMO theres no point fighting against the cops even if you are in the right, you are going to jail regardless 99% of the time and it makes you just look worse. might as well go as peacefully as possible and just try your best to fight it in courts. Not trying to be naive and say that always works out but you got a better chance I think

Comment

I'm not going to side with an idiot policeman who thinks it's reasonable to press against a defenseless person's throat who is on the floor.

Also, with the second guy, the policeman started the physical confrontation which maybe isn't too bad considering the other guy was being aggressive but the over-the-top manner he went about it was not good, pushing the guy into the window (again by the throat).

Not that I'd ever get into the situation but if a policeman choked me like that I'm not sure I'd go too quietly either.

Personally, I'd let everyone involved off with a caution or minor community service and maybe ask that policeman to take a month or two training in how to deal with aggressive PERP's or something.

With all that being said, I'm only judging by the video I'm seeing. I'm not aware if a bottle has been thrown previously or the two men had already been involved in some physical disturbance. It could also just be police have been assaulted at this festival earlier and were just playing it harsh as a pre-emptive measure.

Maybe too much circumstances to take into account.

Comment

Also, I lol'd at.

"Taze him.......TAZE HIM!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Cop was mad because that guy was holding him off with one hand, he was embarrassed by that.

The choke hold is illegal though, cops can't put you in that because they have killed people before.
                This right here.

Both was in the wrong but it escalated to the extent it did was because the reasons Cuauhtémoc1520 said.

Comment

Those kids are lucky they werent in Michigan. Cops here will punch back on video and not get into much trouble. Michigan is a +1 state. meaning that whatever the civilian does, police are allowed to use the next step to subdue them.

This is Michigan cops for ya
                  Last edited by Actus Reus 21; 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X