No announcement yet.

Clottey v Alexander & Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress
    The grand master was tough, it took margs to through an infinite amount of punches to beat him and he beat cotto pre-pacqiaou, he clamshelled against PAC, but if I was from poverty stricken Ghana and was offered a couple of mill to take shots on my gloves all night I'd bite arums old wrinkled hand off
    he didnt beat cotto... people need to stop this **** already... Cotto deserved the dec. he was awarded... clottey blew it.... and he didnt take a dive against pacquiao... he lost both fights because he lacked things the other two fighters had (Heart & Will) ... Cotto refused to give up in that fight even when he could have got himself a technical dec. early if he wanted it.... he refused to lose... Once clottey tasted pacquiaos speed and volume, he mentally gave up and decided to survive the 12 rounds... clottey was an excellent fighter who lacked grit and heart.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i think clottey beats alexander and finds a way to blow it against guerrero

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Clottey is a big, strong and technical fighter... I dont see Alexander or Gurrero winning against Clottey.

Comment

Cotto has heart and refuses to give up? First I've heard

Comment

Clottey has not shown the resolve to do what it takes to win in ANY crossroads fight except Judah, who ironically exemplifies the exact same problem Clottey does. In essence, Clottey was the best "loser" of the two.

Guerrero beats Clottey, and Alexander does too based purely off of work rate. Alexander lets his hands go at Clotteys guard all day, rarely gets through but wins on activity... Guererro imposes his pressure and angles and again, outworks Clottey.

Comment

People forget how offensively good Clottey was after the Pacquiao fight

He was a BEAST against Diego Corrales

He beats both easily, KO against Guerrerro and TKO against Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
                Clottey is a big, strong and technical fighter... I dont see Alexander or Gurrero winning against Clottey.
                Yes, but even with those traits, he doesn't throw enough when it is critical to do so... he shells up. He has the talent, size, speed and skill.. but he doesn't push himself for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Clottey has not shown the resolve to do what it takes to win in ANY crossroads fight except Judah, who ironically exemplifies the exact same problem Clottey does. In essence, Clottey was the best "loser" of the two.

Guerrero beats Clottey, and Alexander does too based purely off of work rate. Alexander lets his hands go at Clotteys guard all day, rarely gets through but wins on activity... Guererro imposes his pressure and angles and again, outworks Clottey.
                  Agree in a sense, I don't feel comfortable picking Devon because of his inability to fight inside, Guerrero on the other hand can, will smother, fight dirty if he has to and can box, most importantly as you noted activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Agree in a sense, I don't feel comfortable picking Devon because of his inability to fight inside, Guerrero on the other hand can, will smother, fight dirty if he has to and can box, most importantly as you noted activity.
                    Devon doesn't need too. Clottey will generally let you do whatever you want.

Devon stays on his bicycle and shoots distant shots at Clotteys guard all night, does no damage but wins on activity. Clottey has a few flash moments and a few "wow" shots... but at the end of the night, he didn't do enough.

Business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Clottey wouldn't beat either. Too inactive inside & outside the ring. When was his last fight?? Can he even make 147 again?? Both Ghost & Alexander easily outwork outpoint him right now.
                      i kinda agree with you this is the same clottey that stopped fighting in fights he could have won against margarito and cotto so who is to say he wouldn't do the same against guerrero and alexander?i trained in the same gym as clottey for a while and the trainers in the gym were not that big on clottey they felt like he threw away fights and he does

Comment

Working...
                      X