No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Champion Fabio Bettini Passes Away at 73

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former Champion Fabio Bettini Passes Away at 73

Former French middleweight champ Fabio Bettini has passed away at the age of 73 at a hospital in Seinte-Saint-Saint-Denis. Bettini was born in Italy but emigrated at a young age with his family to France. He began boxing at 16 and turned pro at 21 in 1960 and fought professionally through 1974. [Click Here To Read More]

Hmm, was wondering why I'd never heard of him. Boxing's a different game now, but 43-30-14 seems pretty mediocre in any era. He apparently fought in the Golden Age of French boxing, something I never knew existed. RIP anyway, Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      Hmm, was wondering why I'd never heard of him. Boxing's a different game now, but 43-30-14 seems pretty mediocre in any era. He apparently fought in the Golden Age of French boxing, something I never knew existed. RIP anyway, Champ.
      True but look at the names he faced. Balls man.

Comment

For those unfamiliar with greats such as Fabio:
        If cats such as this true prize fighter were throwing hands today, you can forget about American Idol contestants like Canelo ever getting an Easy Pass.

Fabio took on masters such as Robinson and Maxie Cohen without consistant preperation and on very short notice
        Who does that anymore against such competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          True but look at the names he faced. Balls man.
          Yup, you're right. Not sure who he won his title from, but it was certainly a lot harder to be a champ in his day than in ours, so much respect to him.

Comment

Fabio was there just as SRR was finishing up & Monzon taking over, a tuff guy who boxed any1...in those days there were so many guys much better than todays crowd, and more-often-than not fought each other for $$ & the ranking...another guy of that time was Henry Hank, a middlewt, not the greatest record but 1 tuff dude...RIP Fabio...

Comment

Working...
            X