No announcement yet.

Robeisi Ramirez and Top Rank Nearing a Multi-Fight Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    He was very small for 123 and clearly was a weight class smaller than that.

I don't think he starts at 126 at all. He may get there, but probably starts at 118 or 122.
    I agree that's where he should start, but I don't think he will. I don't think Arum would have signed him if that was case.I hope your right though because would like to see kid fight at best weight,but I would be willing to bet that he starts at 26 MAYBE not 1st or 2nd fight but that's where he will be once he starts fighting even top 20 guys imo.
    Last edited by john l; 05-23-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      I agree that's where he should start, but I don't think he will. I don't think Arum would have signed him if that was case.I hope your right though because would like to see kid fight at best weight,but I would be willing to bet that he starts at 26 MAYBE not 1st or 2nd fight but that's where he will be once he starts fighting even top 20 guys imo.
      If Arum is signing Inoue after the WBSS, then he will have plenty of options for Ramirez at 118 or 122. No need to push Ramirez to 126 just yet. Let him grow into that fight.

Comment

If Arum is signing Inoue after the WBSS, then he will have plenty of options for Ramirez at 118 or 122. No need to push Ramirez to 126 just yet. Let him grow into that fight.
        Like I said I agree with you that he SHOULD be fighting at 118-22 but I don't see it.Have not heard about Arum signing Inoue that sounds unlikely to me, but maybe where did you see this?

Comment

Yeah, just depends on how Ramirez's style translates to the pro game. He's such a talent though, just glad he will get to the pro ranks at a respectable age unlike other Cubans who came in too late. No need to take time with this guy. If he proves he is the goods, then get him a title shot within 6-7 fights.
          I think his style should be fine, he has a lot more volume than most Cubans, throws combinations well and is very accurate with that southpaw straight left hand. My only concern would be that he doesn’t seem the biggest of punchers, but with the 10z gloves on it’s a completely different ball game.

Might be jumping the gun a little but I’m very confident this guy will be an elite level pro.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            Like I said I agree with you that he SHOULD be fighting at 118-22 but I don't see it.Have not heard about Arum signing Inoue that sounds unlikely to me, but maybe where did you see this?
            It’s being reported, Inoue and Arum have a deal in place following the WBSS.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=814968

Benson isn’t that credible of a source though.

Comment

He's 25 years old....No clue in his current weight.
              He last boxed at 56 kg to the amateurs which is around 123 lbs. But making weight for an amateur tournament is completely different to making weight for a professional contest. As an amateur you have to be on weight for the entire week as if you progress through the tourney you will fight several times therefore will have to weigh in multiple times. Whilst as a pro, you only weigh in the once so can massively rehydrate before the fight. Ramirez will comfortably make 118 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                Then the move makes less sense
                Arum has a fantastic record of guiding Olympic Champions or top amateurs.
                No surprise he’s signing with Bob...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Shakur beats this dude in the pros. Ramriez won fair and square in the Olympics but he was much older and more experience then Shakur and amateur judging is totally different then in the pro game. Most of these countries sending grown azzz men who are competing in multiple Olympic cycles US sending a lot of teenagers and kids who are one and done in the Olympics. Shakur defense and clean punching translates more in the pro game then Ramirez who basically just volume punched with putty pay punches for 4 rounds to get the W over a teenager Shakur.

Ramirez has Olympic wins over Shakur 2016 and Michael Conlan in 2012 they all signed with top rank now so we should get some rematches in the pros
                  You most be new to boxing. Do you know that RR was a teenager back in 2012, when he won his first Olympic Gold? Most Cuban Gold medalist won their first Medal when they are 17 to 18 years old, the second by 21 or 22 years old. So shakur was in the same position RR was back in 2012. You argument is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Nice! Happy we're going to see Ramirez as a PRO! One of the most gifted Amateur Boxers I've ever seen

Yup , he looks like the real deal
                    I hope they bring him up properly and hopefully not sitting on the shelf

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      About time a top Cuban fighter defected. Its been a while.
                      We have Frank Sanchez in the HW'S, you will hear about him soon, I hope. I don't know what happened to Luis Ramon Nicolas. Good prospect and still young. He hasn't fought since late 2017. Maybe promotional dispute. They all have this kind of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X