Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the bigger speed advantage, Rigo or Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    But here's the thing. Rigo has a longer reach than Loma unlike Russell, and also unlike Russell, Rigo is a 2x gold medalist like Loma with incredible timing and footwork himself... So Loma is going to have a very hard time negating Rigo's speed and accuracy with timing. I think Loma will have to eat some shots to get in close and overwhelm Rigo with size and activity.
    Rigo has a longer reach, but Loma is taller.

And Walters had a longer reach than Loma. It didn't do him any good.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
      I doubt a gain of 8lb is going to slow him down. Roy Jones was still crazy quick at 175. Rigo will probably weight 130 or less on fight night...Loma will be like 140.
      roy jones was still fast at 200 so 8lbs is gonna be a death sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Rigo has a longer reach, but Loma is taller.

And Walters had a longer reach than Loma. It didn't do him any good.
        Walters didn't have the speed, movement, timing, skill, and tenacity of Rigo though. Walters had power but didn't have to the tools to implement. Rigo isn't as big a puncher as Walters but he has serious pop and has all the tools to get those punches on target, while being a defensive master so as to avoid taking a lot of punishment from the bigger Loma

Comment

Rigondeaux all day!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            according to boxrec, rigo has a 2.5" reach advantage but when I look at them it doesnt seem like it at all. I dont think loma's arms are unusually short but they list them at 65.5" vs 68" for rigo. They also list loma as 2" taller but I thought the size difference was bigger. Loma looks like he has a better reach advantage maybe because he looks like he has longer legs.

I want to see them side by side in person. I pictured Loma staying outside using his height and combinations, movement ect to outbox rigo. If they are closer in size and loma drops his output and fights Rigo's fight (a slower pace chess match) then he is in trouble.

Loma got some short arms, and if you look Loma got some long neck, which get him a height closer to 5'7 and Rigo closer to 5'3, they just round the numbers, the difference in height is closer to 4 inches, 3 for sure.

As a Houston Rockets fans I know a guy like Yao had short arms for basketball even when he was over 5 inches taller than Shaq he only have about 2 inch of standing reach advantage due to having a smaller Wingspan.

Comment

From what I've seen from both guys and from other boxers that are some of the fastest when it comes to punching. Lomachenko's fastest punches are as fast as the fastest boxers today. Including compared to Gary Russel Jr or Amir Khan. Lomachenko, when he decides to explode and let go of his most powerful / fastest punches is one of the fastest punchers in boxing. However, he unlike many others, varies the speed and the rhythm of his punches, which is a testament to his advanced skills obtained from his amateur career.

So I'd think both Rigondeaux and Lomachenko are near even when it comes to punching speed.

When it comes to foot speed and agility, both seem even in those departments as well.

The only downside for Rigondeaux is that there is a chance with the extra weight in a new higher weight division, he maybe slower than he usually is and maybe slower compared to Lomachenko, specifically at 130 pounds. So I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Comment

1 guy throws 10 punches a round. another moves all over the ring, accelerating every round.

yeah, Rigo is faster...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Rigo has some heavy hands, and he throws punches with bad intentions. That hook to the liver is killer.
                  I was yelling at him to throw that hook to the body during the last round when he had Donaire on his bicycle, protecting that busted up eye with a high guard, ribs fully exposed. Instead, Rigo went head hunting, missed several punches, and Donaire survived. Guess Rigo got too excited.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                    I was yelling at him to throw that hook to the body during the last round when he had Donaire on his bicycle, protecting that busted up eye with a high guard, ribs fully exposed. Instead, Rigo went head hunting, missed several punches, and Donaire survived. Guess Rigo got too excited.
                    I was there to witness that. Those were some beautiful closing moments. So many people expected Donaire to ice Rigo. Yet, in the end, the hunter became the hunted. I hope Guillermo has one more performance like that left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I was there to witness that. Those were some beautiful closing moments. So many people expected Donaire to ice Rigo. Yet, in the end, the hunter became the hunted. I hope Guillermo has one more performance like that left in him.
                      Dang! That must've been one hella experience to see that fight live!

Comment

Working...
                      X