Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want highest salaries and disposable income? Move to frisco.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    Sounds just like NY City.
    Austin is getting that way too.

The suburbs are growing like wildfire because of it. Of course it makes traffic worse, but the Council members there dont have jobs so what do they care.

True story....

We were doing some volunteer work about a year ago and I overheard a younger girl talking to an older volunteer.

She was telling him she was a UT student and had a 2 bedroom apartment downtown.

The man asked what the rent was, and when said $2k/month he asked how in the world a college kid afforded that.

Her response was, 'Its not that bad. There are 6 of us sharing the bills.'

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
      Yes because many of those families literally lived there before the tech explosion . Back when their homes were reasonable. I’m talking today. Today SF is out of reach for most families, even high earning families. Those who move to the Bay Area find they have to move far from the city to buy a decent home and commute to the actual city for work. Those that live in the city centre can’t afford the homes there and often rent out garages, apartments literally smaller than my master bedroom, or share the home with other families.

As I said previously what’s great about a city where I earn a high wage and still live like a poor person?
      It amazes me he argues with you. There's tons of links on this, just Google it.

Why the need to defend SF so much? I don't get it, if you a couple hrs from SF take a drive and go see for yourself! It's not a big secret.

Btw I don't live in the desert bud. I moved from Roseville to get out of CA. I live 30min from the summit just on the other side of the boarder. We get snow, and summers are nice. I had enough of the rush, traffic and people.

If you want to live in a city like SF good for you, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        It's all he ever does.

And he 'wins' every time.

I was so, so hoping JJRod would have taken me up on my offer to show that clown is a liar and no lawyer.

You want to take me up on it?

Comment

Lowest growth
          https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...229910029.html
          Why do you think this is happening? People leaving the state. Now the state wants you to pay for health care for aliens of the state. Lol, 100 million bucks for free HC. Man sure would be nice if US citizens would get free HC rather than people that don't belong here. The state wants to know why people are leaving. You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
            Yes because many of those families literally lived there before the tech explosion . Back when their homes were reasonable. I’m talking today. Today SF is out of reach for most families, even high earning families. Those who move to the Bay Area find they have to move far from the city to buy a decent home and commute to the actual city for work. Those that live in the city centre can’t afford the homes there and often rent out garages, apartments literally smaller than my master bedroom, or share the home with other families.

As I said previously what’s great about a city where I earn a high wage and still live like a poor person?
            This is true. Sure many people cannot afford the actual city. St is extremely small compared to say Los Angeles or New York. But even in those gigantic cities people can’t afford them and have to live in suburbia. Suburbia has existed decades before the tech boom.

Suburbia exists for many reasons the most common being white flight or the point you make expense.

Point is many work in the city and commute in. Many also live and work in the surrounding areas and make it great living as well.

I know people who live in actual sf are rich or their families owned the home for a very long time. Yes many students live in studios. None of this is exclusive to sf.

Is it hard for a 20 year old couple with a kid to buy a house in the Bay Area. Yes. But the same couple is gonna have issues in Birmingham Alabama. Or San Antonio texas. I concede it would be harder in the Bay Area.

Have to pay for the great weather, things to do, food and women.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
              Sounds just like NY City.
              And Los Angeles. And San Antonio. And Chicago and Dc and Miami and Houston and Boston .......

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

Why the need to defend SF so much? I don't get it, if you a couple hrs from SF take a drive and go see for yourself! It's not a big secret.

Btw I don't live in the desert bud. I moved from Roseville to get out of CA. I live 30min from the summit just on the other side of the boarder. We get snow, and summers are nice. I had enough of the rush, traffic and people.

If you want to live in a city like SF good for you, no thanks.
                Not defending sf more so than trying to get the point across that liberal ideals is ultimately better that conservative ideal with respect to the economy. You on the other hand don’t like how that sounds and choose to say look sh it on the floor. It’s all good. I understand there is not much else to say because you can’t argue against that irrefutable fact.

No one here has been able to. That was the point of this thread.

But of course. “That sh it doe” is as far as it gets. ....

Comment

Try having a small business in San Francisco

We have an air B&B and a rental unit in the city, one of the hottest areas of the city, and let me tell you... You never know when the city will knock on your door and request some large sum of money that they invented...the parking division for example, lol.

This is the most corrupt city I have ever lived in, by far. baltimore is stupid, San Francisco is designed to take anything it can, so if you do not have deep pockets you better be smart as a whip!

I live here part of the year, I love the park here (Golden Gate) and the scenery...the people here are @33. Total @33, even the street people are self entitled Holes, much less the tech workers!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Not defending sf more so than trying to get the point across that liberal ideals is ultimately better that conservative ideal with respect to the economy. You on the other hand don’t like how that sounds and choose to say look sh it on the floor. It’s all good. I understand there is not much else to say because you can’t argue against that irrefutable fact.

No one here has been able to. That was the point of this thread.

But of course. “That sh it doe” is as far as it gets. ....
                    Do you remember the first Dot bomb? I wrote a letter that was published predicting, to the week, when the crash would happen, and when the waitress serving the 20 year old little 5h1ts overpriced entrees would have a better job prospect.

I ain't so smart...thats the way the tech industry works, it is cyclical. When the valley (Silicon Valley) crashes people get sent back from their six figure tech job, to where they grew up and had to behave themselves... In Silicon valley rightnow if you make 300k a year you are considered impoverished... and I am not kidding, there is an article about it.

So some of the valley has shifted to San Francisco, like during the dot bomb. It is not sustainable, already the IPO millionare brigade has been stuffed with Uber's dismal performance, helped by China's backing out of a deal.

San Francisco will always cycle, until one day when it becomes its own kingdom floating towards Hawaii! Hopefully my place will be sold by then!

Leftist pretentions do not make a liberal government. San Francisco does not support liberal causes, small businesses, etc. It puts on a dog and pony show. Try owning a small business in San Francisco my friend then you will see how liberal it is.

Comment

The high salaries are offset because of the high cost of living. Tech employees can make 600k and live in a tiny ass apartment. You can make 600k all over the country and be living in a phat ass house, not some studio apartment,

What good is making money, if it all gets eaten up by taxes and high costs

Comment

Working...
                      X