No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KINGPIN4LIFE View Post
    An Atlanta Sports Radio Station was talking with Al Herford today, he said the Lakers will go 73-9....................Beating the record by the Bulls.........................GO LAKERS......................**** da Clippers
    Well that sure is shootin pretty high but this team has a huuuuge upside and lots of potential....so I would not be SHOCKED if they could pull something like that off!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
      Well that sure is shootin pretty high but this team has a huuuuge upside and lots of potential....so I would not be SHOCKED if they could pull something like that off!!!!

Phil said that 70 wins isn't a team goal...

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        Dude, I still get sad when I watch old Lakers tapes and Chick’s on the mic….the man was a legend…I don’t like Joel Myers and his nasal congested twang…gets on my nerves…they should bring Paul Sunderland back…he was decent or promote Spiro to do the telecast..

BTW- the other day on NSB, someone posted DLH’s pro-debut and guess who was announcing…yup…ole’ Chicky baby
        I fell ya dawgy.....Chick was Laker bastketball....the man was is a and always will be a LEGEND!

I am not ashamed to say that when I found out he past away I got a big lump in my throat......real talk!!!

Comment

Phil said that 70 wins isn't a team goal...
          Nah knowing Phill he wouldn't put that type of pressure on his team...but you know it's on their mind......

Comment

What it b Laker Nation......check this vid out they talking re-peat...and possible dynasty......we gonna do it up big this year!!!!! GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!

Can we repeat??? who can get in our way???

were not gonna repeat, we're gonna 3 peat backed by another 3 peat and nobodies stopping us, Not even that *****, Lebrick, LOL, nyahahahaha, Cleveland can kiss my black ass and by the way, Lebrick will never get a ring, LOL, nyahahaha

Comment

I fell ya dawgy.....Chick was Laker bastketball....the man was is a and always will be a LEGEND!

I am not ashamed to say that when I found out he past away I got a big lump in my throat......real talk!!!

oh yea man...Chick's passing was felt by every laker fan

did you know that he was the one that recommended Riley to be coach? he was also the one that saw Rambis playing pick up games at Santa Clara and mentioned it to Dr. Buss

i think the only reason they keep Stu around is because he reminds people of the Hearns days

Comment

The mighy Lakers are responsible for earning half oh my e-points
                The Lakers are a betting mans atm machine, The Cavs are a betting mans nightmare, LOL, nyahahahaha

Comment

oh yea man...Chick's passing was felt by every laker fan

did you know that he was the one that recommended Riley to be coach? he was also the one that saw Rambis playing pick up games at Santa Clara and mentioned it to Dr. Buss

i think the only reason they keep Stu around is because he reminds people of the Hearns days
                  Actually it does....every time I see Stu it does remind me of the Chickie days!!! hahaha.....Stu is cool I dig him too but the other kat not so much......but then again he has HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shoes to fill...anyone they bring in is gonna be ****ty compared to the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    were not gonna repeat, we're gonna 3 peat backed by another 3 peat and nobodies stopping us, Not even that *****, Lebrick, LOL, nyahahahaha, Cleveland can kiss my black ass and by the way, Lebrick will never get a ring, LOL, nyahahaha

FO SHO!!! I just don't see anyone stepping up to beat us in a 7 game series.....we are waaaaay to deep!!!! can you imagine if Adam Morrison starts to hit them three's???? Bynum can put up 20 and 10 consistenly??? maaaan we looking healla good.......bring it on Cavs/Boston/or any other team!!!!

Comment

Chick-isms

The particular phrases that Chick used during his broadcasts were labeled "Chickisms". Many are staples of basketball.[8] When a book of his memoirs was published in 2004, it included an audio CD with the calls as well as a Chick Hearn Rap-Around rap song created with the samples.[9]

* 20 foot lay-up: A jump shot by Jamaal Wilkes.
                      * Air-ball: An errant shot that fails to touch either the rim or the backboard.
                      * (He sent that one back) Air-mail Special!: A strongly-blocked shot, often sent high into the stands.
                      * Bloooows the layup! : Missed a very easy layup.
                      * Boo-birds: Fans who boo their own team when they play badly.
                      * (He did the) bunny hop in the pea patch: He was called for traveling.
                      * (You could) call it with Braille: An easy call for an official, e.g. a blatant foul.
                      * (He got) caught with his hand in the cookie jar: A reaching foul.
                      * (The) Charity Stripe: The free-throw line.
                      * (He's got 'em) covered like the rug on your floor: Really good one-on-one defense.
                      * (They) couldn't beat the Sisters of Mercy: The team is getting beat badly.
                      * (They) couldn't throw a pea into the ocean: The team's shooting is really awful.
                      * (It'll) count if it goes ...: A player that is fouled in the act of shooting. It go-o-o-oes!: The shot is successful.
                      * (That shot) didn't draw iron: A shot which misses the rim, but hits the backboard. Sometimes he would add but it drew a lot of flies.
                      * Dime store score: A 10 to 5 score.
                      * Dribble-drive: A player drives the basket while dribbling.
                      * Finger roll: A shot where the ball rolls off the shooter's fingers.
                      * (He) fly-swatted (that one): A shot blocked with force and authority.
                      * Football score: A score resembling one often seen in a football game (e.g., 21 to 14).
                      * (He threw up a) frozen rope: A shot with a very flat trajectory.
                      * (We're) high above the western sideline: Chick's perch at the Forum, from which he called his word's eye views of the game.
                      * Hippity-hops the dribble: A player dribbling the ball does a little hop step.
                      * I'll bet you an ice-cream: Hearn and Keith Erickson (his one-time color commentator) often bet ice creams on the outcome of a shot or game.
                      * (He's got) ice-water in his veins: When a player hits a clutch free-throw.
                      * (It's) First and ten: Multiple players are sprawled on the floor after a physical play or diving for the ball.
                      * (It's) garbage time: The (often sloppily-played) remainder of the game (after it’s in the refrigerator).
                      * Give and Go: A player passes the ball, makes a quick cut, and receives a return pass.
                      * (In & out,) heart-brrrreak!: A shot that appears to go in, but rattles off the rim and misses. Sometimes it went in so far you could read the Commissioner's name from below.
                      * He has two chances, slim and none, and slim just left the building: The player has no chance of success with this play.
                      * If that goes in, I'm walking home: Similar to a prayer, when the opponent shoots a shot that is a prayer, a streak, or some amazing shot. (Usually on the road)
                      * Leapin' Lena: A shot made while the player is in the air and off balance.
                      * Marge could have made that shot: A missed shot that was so easy, Hearn's wife Marge could have made it. Marge was often referred to when a player messed up something that was easy.
                      * (There are) lots of referees in the building, only three getting paid: The entire crowd acts as though they are the officials by disagreeing with a call.
                      * (Like a) motorcycle in a motordrome: Ball spins several times around the inside of the rim, then drops through or goes "in & out".
                      * The mustard's off the hot dog: A player attempts an unnecessarily showy, flashy play which ends up in a turnover or is otherwise unsuccessful.
                      * My grandmother could guard him, and she can't go to her left!: Said of a slow, out of shape, or hurt player.
                      * Nervous time: When the final moments of a game are pressure-packed.
                      * 94-by-50 hunk of wood: The basketball court, based on the floor's dimensions. (Attacking 47 feet: The front court.)
                      * No harm, no foul (no blood, no ambulance, no stitches): A non-call by an official when varying degrees of contact have occurred. (More adjectives means the non-call was more questionable.)
                      * Not Phi Beta Kappa: Not a smart play.
                      * ...Since Hector was a pup A very long time (e.g., the Lakers haven't had the lead since Hector was a pup.)
                      * He's in the Popcorn Machine (with butter and salt all over him): Meaning that a defensive player got faked into the air (and out of play) by an offensive player's pump fake. ("Popcorn Machine" is a reference to an actual popcorn machine in the old Los Angeles Sports Arena, which was near the basket, but far away from the court. Thus, if the player went far out of play, he was in the "popcorn machine.") When Hearn guest starred as a mouse in the Garfield and Friends episode Basket Brawl, Odie literally runs into a popcorn machine.
                      * (He's) on him like a postage stamp: Very tight defense.
                      * Slam dunk!: Hearn's most famous phrase; a powerful shot where a player forces the ball through the rim with one or both hands.
                      * (He was) standing there, combing his hair: When a player uninvolved with the action comes up with the ball and gets an easy shot.
                      * (He) takes him to the third floor and leaves him at the mezzanine: A move where an offensive player pump-fakes a defender and draws a foul from the leaping player.
                      * Tattoo dribble: A player dribbling the ball while not moving, as though tattooing the floor with the ball, as he waits for the play to develop.
                      * This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!: The game's outcome is set; only the final score is in question. Chick's variation on "the game's on ice."
                      * Throws up a brick: When a player tosses up a particularly errant shot.
                      * Throws up a prayer (... it's (or isn't) answered!!!): A wild shot that will need a miracle to score (and does or doesn't).
                      * Ticky-tack: A foul called when very little contact has been made.
                      * Triple-double: A player gets 10 or more (i.e. double digits) in three statistical categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals or blocked shots.
                      * (On his) wallet: A player fell on his rear end.
                      * Words-eye view: What listeners received while listening to Hearn call the game on the radio.
                      * (He's) working on his Wrigleys. A player is chewing gum.
                      * (He's) yo-yo-ing up and down: A player dribbles in one place as if he were playing with a yo-yo on a string.
                      * (He's dribbling) left to right (or right to left) across your dial: To let people who were listening to radio know which direction the ball was going up the court.
                      * (He's) alone, he sets, he fires, he gets!: Player not defended who stops, sets and shoots.

Comment

Working...
                      X