Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roman Gonzalez did enough in the ring to be considered an Flyweight ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Roman Gonzalez did enough in the ring to be considered an Flyweight ATG?

2 A level fighters in their primes in Cuadras and Estrada, along with other B level fighters who were former world champions and he knocked them out in spactacular fashion. A Four division world champion with an 80%+ KO ratio.

To you, did he do enough?

To me he did, he did enough to to be in one of the top 10 ATG flyweights, and be a HOF, and his career is not even finished yet, he is still in his prime and still has some fights to go.
    Yes, he did.
    75.00%
    No, he did not.
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Gee I don't know ...hmm lets see: held the longest unbroken lineage in boxing traceable to Canto, hes the second fighter in the sport to win titles from 105-115 after Leo Gamez ; four-weight champion, lineal @ 112....beat the #1. primed Niida for his first world title back in 2008 ( WBA 105 ) at the age of 21. Consensus P4P - No break or retirement since turning pro. Only one 'interim' title the rest were official WBA,WBC not crap IBF or hand me down titles. 16-0 in world title fights, that at the elite level alone never-mind his overall record coming close to 50 professional fights.

They talk about Cuadras or Estrada but Yageashi is still champion at LFW, Takayama is one of the best if not THE best straw-weight champion in the last decade and still champ, been ranked top ten since 2005 held every major title at the weight. Guys Roman beat still top top 5-10, McWilliams Arroyo, Brian Viloria ( former two weight champion unified), Takayama, Cuadras, Estrada - lineal unified champions.

Last four opponents vs. top ten, moved up in weight vs. the #1-2 but these other champions are fighting at their own weights one good win here and there taking soft-touches making millions in the process but 'Chocolatito' gets **** on by casuals who don't know **** about boxing!

Comment

Currently the best candidate for P4P KIng!
      He fights using a boxer techniques and can press and box. Love to watch him work.

Ray

Comment

ATG in my book...he'd have gave Carbajal, Finito and Humberto Gonzalez hell @ 108

He'd have success in any era....so he is an all time great.

dudes been a champ since he was barely legal to drink

Comment

Yes, ATG and first ballot HOF...

INB4 Mexican Pupet and his hater self....

Comment

Undefeated as an amateur & a pro. 120-0 or so. Just like Finito.
            I'd say yes, lower weight ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              2 A level fighters in their primes in Cuadras and Estrada, along with other B level fighters who were former world champions and he knocked them out in spactacular fashion. A Four division world champion with an 80%+ KO ratio.

To you, did he do enough?

To me he did, he did enough to to be in one of the top 10 ATG flyweights, and be a HOF, and his career is not even finished yet, he is still in his prime and still has some fights to go.
              Well neither the Cuadras fight nor the Estrada fight were at Flyweight. His Flyweight run was fairly shallow in my view, so no. He doesn't come close to being a Flyweight great.

I think he'll be an ATG in general though by the time he's done. I think he's good enough to win at 118 despite the size

Comment

Working...
              X