No announcement yet.

Joe Gasn vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 135- In two fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Gasn vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 135- In two fights

One with Floyd's era rules (12 rounds 8oz gloves etc you guys know it)

One in Gan's era (40 round fights 4oz gloves)

Who wins?
    Floyd wins both
    43.75%
    Gans wins both
    43.75%
    Floyd wins under his rules but loses under Gans'
    12.50%
    Gans wins under his rules but loses under Floyd's
    0.00%

well The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
      well The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
      Do they get any amount of training under the other guy's rules. If not it's simple... each wins under the rules under which he became the best.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Do they get any amount of training under the other guy's rules. If not it's simple... each wins under the rules under which he became the best.
        No, just straight up.

I just think Floyd would be too fast, strong and explosive for a guy like Gans, he wouldn't have seen anything like Floyd before and Floyd would have busted him up under any rules.

Comment

Don't know who Gans is, but Floyd is a ***** who would probably lose.

Comment

Floyd easily.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
              Floyd easily.
              STFU moron, Floyd is a *****

Comment

Who let you kids into the history section? You weren't invited...you're not welcome.

Anyways, each fighter wins under their respective rules most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
                  No, just straight up.

I just think Floyd would be too fast, strong and explosive for a guy like Gans, he wouldn't have seen anything like Floyd before and Floyd would have busted him up under any rules.
                  Of course Floyd has never seen anything like Gans before either. Don't write off the old-timers

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  Push comes to shove I think it would be easier for Gans to adapt to today's rules than it would be for Floyd to adapt to early 20th century rules.

Poet

Comment

I truly think the difference between the athletes of today and the athletes of 1890's is so vast that Floyd Mayweather Jr. would beat Gans regardless. Not to take away from Gans though I just think it’s unfair to compare the two given the difference in the sport at the time.

I think it's similar to college football. A good portion of people view the 71' Nebraska team to be the best College football team of all time. Yet unquestionably they would get completely annihilated if they played current Nebraska Cornhusker team who didn't even win their conference this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X