No announcement yet.

Boxing should respect Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing should respect Miguel Cotto

He loses a close-ish decision to Trout - a guy who has all the advantages - reach, height, strength & speed. Watching Cotto v Trout looked like a welter v middleweight. I don't think it's as bad as it first seemed.

If he can, Cotto should get back to 147lbs. How he can even talk about a move to 160lbs is beyond me. Or if he stays at 154lbs he needs to pick the right fights. Trout had all the advantages and was just too slippery.

Have 1 or 2 more and hang 'em up. He's a all-of-famer & one of the great fighters of the modern era.

I watch boxing because of champions like Cotto, how any neutral fan can dislike him is incomprehensible. That guy oozes class and he deserves a big win to go out on. A credit to boxing.

And congrats to Mr Trout!

He has nothing to be ashame of. He lost in my card 116-113 in an horrible matchmaking by his team. Fight Bundrage in Puerto Rico and then decide if you want to keep going.

Comment

He lost 116-112 on my card. I could see 115-113 though. He was just beaten by a better fighter.

Cotto still has a couple years left I think. Fight Bundrage, than someone else in the Top 10 like Kirkland or Angulo.

Comment

I thought he was gonna do trout pretty bad, props to trout he deserved it. As for cotto he's taken on all challenges and is never in a dull fight he gained my respect a long time ago.

Comment

He's lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley and Trout. (pretty much every major fight he was ever in) He's not great or even worthy of the HOF but he's definitely a solid gatekeeper. He deserves more respect than he's given. With that said he's an emotional guy. He has literally cried on every 24/7 he's ever been on and he even cried in his last All Access. I'm not surprised he would be deluded enough to think he won or to even walk off like he did against Mayweather and Trout.

I like him, he's entertaining and deserves all the respect a former multi division champ is entitled to. Sucks he gets hated on here alot.

Comment

Yeah, agree with Maniac, he's been a solid gatekeeper to world class, and he deserves respect for that.

Comment

everyone respects Cotto, no reason not to
              it's just fun to clown on his crybaby fans
              when their tear ducts are flowing, they're as bad as Floydfags
              Cotto himself is an alright guy and an exciting fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Yeah, agree with Maniac, he's been a solid gatekeeper to world class, and he deserves respect for that.
                He reminds me of Mayorga. He got a couple good wins and then lost and took beatings from every world class fighter he faced, but hey we still love watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  He reminds me of Mayorga. He got a couple good wins and then lost and took beatings from every world class fighter he faced, but hey we still love watching him.
                  MANIAC you know your **** I respect your assessment in fighters and fight outcomes. I can speak to this Maniac, the one with an opinion and not just trolling threads saying extreme off the wall things. Cotto may not be a likeable guy to the audience but he's been in wars. I gotta give respect to any man who has fought as hard as he has.

PS When I first saw him fight years ago, I knew his style wasn't going to last long. He's a brawler but a decent boxer only when he wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

This is sig worthy..

Comment

Working...
                    X